• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Stoked about upcoming Cali shows!!

Started by elpol, July 10, 2008, 02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elpol

It has been a good summer - fun gigs, good people, good times on-stage!

I'm going to California w/Pacifika in just over a week. We're playing the Crash Mansion on July 19th for a MySpace Latino event. On July 20th, we'll be opening the show @ Hollywood Bowl, with Feist headlining, plus Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings (what a deadly band!! :o). Then, we head up to San Francisco, where we'll play Yoshi's on the 21st. Then, home.

elliot

Chris Whitten

Sounds like a dream.
Congrats!
Break a leg.

Hannah Ford

That's AWESOME!!!

Congrats...

Hannah

Tim van de Ven

Adam's Dad

Quote from: elpol on July 10, 2008, 02:46 AM
...we'll be opening the show @ Hollywood Bowl, ...

Congratulations on the upcoming tour.  The Hollywood Bowl is H-U-G-E!  17,000+ seats. And you'll be on the same stage that The Beatles performed on 40+ years ago.  And then Yoshi's in The City...

BTW fellow DC'ers...check out their MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/pacifika) page to hear some of their tunes. 

elpol

Thanks for all your kind wishes!

One that I'm really enjoying is feeling like a kid who's doing his first gig all over again ;D

eardrum

Quote from: elpol on July 10, 2008, 02:46 AM
......Then, we head up to San Francisco, where we'll play Yoshi's on the 21st. Then, home.

elliot

Awesome, the new Yoshi's San Francisco is fabulous. 

Paicey

First off...congrats. Secondly and more important....when you hit that stage, feel all of the vibes from bands befor you and play like the wind bro.

elpol

For any of those who might be interested in Pacifika's MySpace Latino show tonite: It's moved from the Crash Mansion (lost it's license...).

It now at Club 7-40, which is located at 740 S. Broadway, right downtown L.A.

Doors at 9, opener @ 9:30, we should be on around 10:30pm

Hollywood Bowl is Sunday. Last night there was a Grand Performances event downtown with the Real Tuesday Welds and a newer 6 degrees artist Lal Marie. We didn't make it to the show, but we hung out with the other groups and do a bit of chillin', LA style. It was a bit of a 6 degrees love-in as all 3 groups present are with the label.

I'm going to take lots of pics of the bowl from various vantage points over the course of the day. I'll post some in here, of course  ;)