Topic: it can be done but  (Read 770 times)

Offline Hank Gagnon

• Cafe VIP
it can be done but
« on: July 26, 2008, 10:44 PM »
recently i stopped at guitar center  amd was poking around. i bought an instructional book of 1001 grooves.  since there was no cd that came with it , it was slow going for hankster.  i was able to make some progress. i had to start very slow and gradually bring it up to speed.   it has improved my reading though.   for me it takes some getting use to. the brain says hit hi hat only but my foot doesn't always listen . i'm determined to work my way thru the book.

Offline Erk

• Cafe VIP
Re: it can be done but
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 09:59 AM »
Whats the name of this book man? I'd like to get it, it seems like a great way to work on reading.

-EML.

Offline Hank Gagnon

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 07:20 PM »
the book is called 1001 drum grooves.  covers  most genres. even has irish, greek, spanish flamenco etc.. more than enough grooves to boggle the mind.  got mine at guitar center for around $12.95.  works for me, it might work for you. enjoy!  hankster

Offline Erk

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 09:54 PM »
Thanks man, the good thing is that it's a beginner book...so it says on one of the reviews at amazon.

-EML.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram