Topic: Our Show with Kansas  (Read 1602 times)

heavyhitter

Our Show with Kansas
« on: August 04, 2008, 09:10 PM »
my band Blinding Edge will be the opening act for KANSAS when they roll into Pittsburgh this thursday aug. 7th, this is our second time opening for them , words can't describe how we're all feeli'n right now , got about 100 of our fans comin to support us, HEY tkitna did you get your ticket, hope you can make it, i know you along with me are big Phil Ehart fans, hope to meet another cafe member in person.

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Re: our show with Kansas is three days away
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 09:14 PM »
Congrats on the gig.

Wish I was in the area, I'd love to make the show. I'm a Ehart fan as well. Phil used my Yamaha Recording Custom kit for clinic back in the early 80's ... before the kit was mine.  ;D

heavyhitter

Re: our show with Kansas is three days away
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 09:22 PM »
thanks bart

heavyhitter

a great show with KANSAS last night
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 06:42 PM »
what a great show my band BLINDING EDGE had last night opening for KANSAS in pittsburgh, capacity crowd, the guys from KANSAS were all really cool to us, taking time to chat and taking photos with us, they are nice guys as well as superior musicians, they were fantastic last night , we got a great response from the crowd , somthing we can't wait to do it again, thier bassist Billy Greer told us before he walked on stage [ i'll see you guys in a couple years when we comeback], we can't wait , thank you to phil's drumtech eric [rod morganstiens godchild] for talkin drums for a while with me, he loved my custom kit that i built, as soon as i figure out how to download the photos i'll put them on the cafe, i'm not the most saavy with computers.             

Paicey

Re: Our Show with Kansas
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 12:40 PM »
Always been a Kansas fan. Phil Eharts playing on Masque inparticular was inspiring to me. Great tone!, fusiony drumming but not TO busy. Yup, he was another guy i dissected until i was sick. Great drummer and band.

Offline Todd Norris

• Cafe VIP
  • Psalm 150:5
    • Fusion Drums
Re: Our Show with Kansas
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 11:46 PM »
Congrats!  Can't wait to see the pics!

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram