• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

A drum video of me, just uploaded

Started by Johnobonham, October 15, 2008, 12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnobonham

thought it might interest some of you. Not many grooves, but i will be sure to put one up with some more grooves and beats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7420bkERmWk

Paicey

I tortured myself and watched the entire video. Tortured?. yes, you solo better than i do and your young enough to be my son, thanks for the complex kid, thanks alot!.

Mark Pedersen

Make room on the bench Paicy - I gotta sit down too. Well done John!

Your bass drum sounds amazing!

Chip Donaho

I sit here and look at that video and you remind me of another blonde I know who played drums about your age....Me! Complete with long hair and all...  :o  ;D  Good job!

Erk

Dude I was just wondering if that set up is comfortable for you?. I see a lot of drummers with the tom the same height as the snare facing straight down. If so I'm going to try it, see how it feals.

Patrick Quigley

Quote from: Erk on November 13, 2008, 04:23 PM
Dude I was just wondering if that set up is comfortable for you?. I see a lot of drummers with the tom the same height as the snare facing straight down. If so I'm going to try it, see how it feals.

I set up very similar to that and love it.

TheSpindoctor

Hey man, sounds good!  Just one suggestion, why dont you put your cowbell right over your snare or mount it on the bassdrum?  It seems like maybe where it is now is kind of incovenient.  Just a suggestion!

-Aaron

drumz1

I'm impressed.  Nice single stroke work on kick and snare, and a creative style, as well.  I'd be interested in seeing how you can lay down a solid groove and keep it in the pocket (with no fills, think "Garibaldi" for an example).

I'm sure you can do it, anxious to see the next video.

Good job!!

Regards,
drumz1

Louis Russell

Quote from: TheSpindoctor on November 23, 2008, 08:57 AMwhy dont you put your cowbell right over your snare or mount it on the bassdrum? 

You mean ANOTHER cowbell, right?  MOAR cowbell.