• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Stanton Moore Drum Company?

Started by Bart Elliott, December 19, 2008, 01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bart Elliott

Did you know Stanton has his own "drum company" now?
http://www.drummercafe.com/music-industry/news/stanton-moore-spirit-of-new-orleans-signature-snare-drum.html]
http://www.drummercafe.com/music-industry/news/stanton-moore-spirit-of-new-orleans-signature-snare-drum.html

Ronn Dunnett is building a snare drum (congrats Ronn!) ... and the drum will be distributed exclusively through the Bosphorus cymbal company. Nothing wrong with all of that, but does that constitute a "drum company" ... or has the definition changed since I went to bed yesterday? What IS the definition of "drum company"? I guess when you get down to it, it just doesn't matter. There are companies all over the world that don't make what they don't sell.  :-\  Sounds like a Seinfeld episode.

Anyway, congrats to Stanton and his entrepreneurship.
Looking forward to checking out the drum!  ;D

Erk

stanton moore is the man, best 2nd line drummer i know of!

eardrum

I found this statement online...

We labored over the badge the most. Finally over lunch one day I showed him the New Orleans water meter cover (not sewer or man-hole, but water meter...and some of you know how much I love the Meters). The image of the New Orleans water meter cover is one of the most beloved and iconic images in New Orleans culture. Ronn was very excited with the idea of modifying the meter cover into the badge for my snare. I feel like the badge pays homage to the city that my fellow citizens and I are fighting to protect and rebuild. Also we both though that "Stanton Moore Drum Company" sounded better than "Stanton Moore Signature Snare Drum," so we decided to go with that on the badge.

So apparently it's not a company, just a badge with "company" in the name.  Hmmmm....

Bart Elliott

Thanks for the info eardrum ... that does help.
Cool story about the Meters and the New Orleans water meter cover.

Todd Norris

Yeah, that's an interesting arrangement.  Hey, whatever works!  I bet it's a killer drum.  Methinks you need to get one to audition for us Bartman!