Topic: Paul Harvey, dead at 90  (Read 1370 times)

Bart Elliott

• Super Admin
  • Founder & Owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Paul Harvey, dead at 90
« on: February 28, 2009, 10:14 PM »
 http://www.paulharvey.com]Paul Harvey Sr.  died today at his home; he was 90-years-old.

I have lots of great memories listening to Paul Harvey on the radio. I remember listening to him when I was very young.

Rest in Peace Mr. Harvey.

JeepnDrummer

• Cafe VIP
  • Ding, fries are done!
Re: Paul Harvey, dead at 90
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 03:41 AM »
http://www.paulharvey.com]Paul Harvey Sr.  died today at his home; he was 90-years-old.

I have lots of great memories listening to Paul Harvey on the radio. I remember listening to him when I was very young.

Rest in Peace Mr. Harvey.

Yeah, I have a lot of great memories listening to him, too.  RIP.

Jon E

• Cafe VIP
  • Gaaaah!
    • Things Very Special
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 08:24 AM »
To Paul Harvey:  Good day.

And thank you for all the good days/stories you have brought me through the years.

Chip Donaho

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 10:54 AM »
Paul always was a favorite of mine. " And that's the rest of the story."   
He was one of the greats. 

Danno

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 01:38 PM »
What a guy. He outlasted just about everybody on the radio. He was like a Captain Kangaroo for adults. I still remember his story about the American Flag breaking John Wilkes Booth's leg after he shot Lincoln (true) - that was one of those "...and that's...the rest of the story."

RIP, Paul.

Dave Heim

• Honorary VIP
  • August 26, 1955 - November 16, 2012
    • daveheimdrums
    • daveheim
    • Dave Heim
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 11:39 AM »
Rest in Peace, American.

KevinD

• Cafe VIP
  • I love the Drummer Cafe!
    • My Space/bigwedge.com
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 10:19 PM »
Some of my earliest memories listening to the radio were of Paul Harvey, his show used to be on here in NY at noon every day. I remember listening to him with my grandfather when I used to visit them. I also enjoyed his "Rest of the Story" program. throughout the years whenever I was traveling for business I would seek out his program, probably just to get a slice of home.

In recent months when I would catch his program he was noticeably absent, I figured age was finally catching up to him.  I caught a tribute to him the other day on NPR, it was very well done and brought back some warm memories.

I had thought I was alone in my enthusiasm for his program so I'm glad other Cafe members share similar sentiments regarding Mr. Harvey.

RIP

Tkitna

• Gold Member
  • I'm new to the Drummer Cafe!
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 11:23 PM »
I remember going to work with my dad on Saturdays (I painted Oxygen tanks when I was younger for some spending money) and listening to Paul harvey on the radio during the ride. I'll never forget that. The car always smelled like Redman as the oldman was a big chewer. Had his styrofoam coffee cup to spit in and everything.

Anyways, did you realizie that just 8 years ago, ABC radio signed Harvey to a 10 year $100 million dollar contract? I'm sure they didnt figure they would have to pay it all, but I still think thats something.

Mark Counts

• Cafe VIP
  • It is OK to be a little Nutz!!!
    • Mark T. Counts
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 05:37 AM »
I had no idea Paul was that old. I can remember my parents listening to him when I was very young so anytime I would hear him on the radio,
I would tune in for awhile. Going to miss listening to him. He has been on there all my life and I am sure before my life started.
Sorry to hear it is the rest of the story.
               Nutty

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram