• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Community drum solo 2009!

Started by Gaetano Nicolosi, March 07, 2009, 12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dizz

I used Yousendit too.  I should be in unless for some reason I screwed up Yousendit for Bart.  Thanks for the tip!

Robyn

"What if I send in the tape and they don't like it? I mean, what if they say I'm no good? What if they say, 'get outta here kid. you got no future'? I mean, I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection.."  ::)

Well if you don't want to listen to a noob then don't listen to my 11 bars then.   :(

robyn

Jon E

Jeez, it only took me ONE take (yeah I wish!).  I have lots of horrific out takes but finally sent in the least bad. I figured I ought to do it this year.

Now if Bart can give us next years theme I can get a jump on it!

Bart Elliott

I'm extending the deadline through the weekend. If you only need a few days to finish ... now is your chance. I need to start mixing and editing on Monday or Tuesday so I can get this done before I go on the road for about 10 days. Part of this trip is to the Chicago Drum Show.

dizz

Quote from: Jon E on April 30, 2009, 07:16 AM
Jeez, it only took me ONE take (yeah I wish!).  I have lots of horrific out takes but finally sent in the least bad. I figured I ought to do it this year.

Now if Bart can give us next years theme I can get a jump on it!

lol Jon  I have so many takes lying around I may have to reformat my hard drive  ;D

Hannah Ford

You guys are worrying too much.

Bart just throws out the ones he doesn't like anyways...no problem! LOL

We did mine in one take....probably spent a total of 30 min set, record, and breakdown.  When you see it you'll probably say I see why!  LOL  Unless of course I'm one of the solos BART throws out... :(

Have FUN!!!

Hannah

Hannah Ford

Quote from: Bart Elliott on April 30, 2009, 07:29 AM
I'm extending the deadline through the weekend. If you only need a few days to finish ... now is your chance. I need to start mixing and editing on Monday or Tuesday so I can get this done before I go on the road for about 10 days. Part of this trip is to the Chicago Drum Show.

Bart really looking forward to hanging at the Chicago Drum Show!  Hopefully, you and many others too, will be able to make it out to my gig on Saturday night.....Show a Drum Show armband and get in free!!!  NICE.....  ;D

Of course you were already on the guest list....

Mark Counts

Quote from: Hannah Ford on April 30, 2009, 03:25 PM
You guys are worrying too much.

Bart just throws out the ones he doesn't like anyways...no problem! LOL

We did mine in one take....probably spent a total of 30 min set, record, and breakdown.  When you see it you'll probably say I see why!  LOL  Unless of course I'm one of the solos BART throws out... :(

Have FUN!!!

Hannah

Yea, I guess I could be thrown out too Hannah ???. I went through the two 11 measure sets twice and took the best out of 4. Last year I only got one take. The X had no patience with me :'(. I thought mine was lame last year but Bart still let me in :P.  I tried to do a little better this time 8). I am really excited to see everyones solo this year. I think Bart picked a fantastic song to groove 2. All the folks that are stepping up to get theirs in, "YOU ROCK". It is what makes this place 1st Class all the Way, Right Gaetano?

NY Frank

I had a good revelation not long ago.

I have nothing to contribute.   

Now that I'm over that, I can continue to enjoy my gigging.
[accepting my super, super low - yet fun and life giving - place on the food chain]

Rock and roll.

Long live a mantra that serves me well:

Just Play.

Nathan Cartier

I'm gonna call a Drummer psychiatrist to come to this thread and make it lay down on a couch for a 45 minute session.

Just e-mailed a link to my solo.  Let me know if you have any trouble!

I love the community solo, it blows my mind that we can get so many different drummers grooving together over the internuts.

Todd Norris

Quote from: New York Frank on April 30, 2009, 05:31 PM
I had a good revelation not long ago.

I have nothing to contribute.   

Now that I'm over that, I can continue to enjoy my gigging.
Long live a mantra that serves me well:

Just Play.

AMEN Brother.  Mine is incredibly simple, but it's done and on the way...

Matt Self (Gaddabout)

I can't wait to see what Frank B played on the syncopated ending. I'm sure I'm be thinking, "Yeah. That'll work, too."

Man, I hate that ending. It was like a drumming tongue twister. I wrote it out, I could sing it, but I still couldn't play anything with it or over it. Sad. Just sad.

Robyn

Well hey, sweetheart, how are you doing? It's good to have you back here w/ us. Been praying for you.  :)

robyn

Mark Counts

Quote from: Gaddabout on May 02, 2009, 06:04 PM
I can't wait to see what Frank B played on the syncopated ending. I'm sure I'm be thinking, "Yeah. That'll work, too."

Man, I hate that ending. It was like a drumming tongue twister. I wrote it out, I could sing it, but I still couldn't play anything with it or over it. Sad. Just sad.
Hey Bro,
You getting in this year?? The syncopated ending in the song is really cool but there wasn't really enough to play with. Down load the sample Gad and
see what we were working with. It was mainly the main groove of the song. As Robyn said, and I think she was talking to you, good to see you post again.

Matt Self (Gaddabout)

Yep, I'm in, thanks to Todd's amazing assistance. Thanks for the prayers, Robin. I needed them.

Erk

man id need like another week, but im aware its not just about me, ill try to find a digital camera.

frankbriggs

Quote from: Gaddabout on May 02, 2009, 08:45 PM
Yep, I'm in, thanks to Todd's amazing assistance. Thanks for the prayers, Robin. I needed them.

You're the best Matt. Come to LA for a visit, I have a hug for you.

I was able to knock something out. I barely have my room running and my best friend came to visit for a week. Bart has some serious editing to do.

D'Cafe Rocks.

Matt Self (Gaddabout)

Quote from: Frank Briggs on May 03, 2009, 12:45 AM
You're the best Matt. Come to LA for a visit, I have a hug for you.

Hug. Riiiiiiight.  ;D I'm working up the driving calendar this week!

Quote from: Frank Briggs on May 03, 2009, 12:45 AM
I was able to knock something out. I barely have my room running and my best friend came to visit for a week. Bart has some serious editing to do.

Between you and Gaetano, the bar has been raised pretty high this year. Can't wait to hear it!

JeepnDrummer

Okay New York Frank, I got the message and submitted something.  How many takes?  I don't know...I lost count.  Most of what I tried turned out pathetic sounding.  Even my daughter was on hand to validate this opinion.  She really is such a good sport for enduring my noise-making.  ;D 

Anyway, I know the lot of you are rather polite, so here's my advanced thank you for not laughing too loudly when you hear my crap-solo.  :D

Hannah Ford

Hey Gaddabout,

Nice to see your post.....Glad you're in....  :)

Hannah