Topic: Red Velvet Mojo is born  (Read 993 times)

Offline Rylie

• Cafe VIP
  • I'm really not this wide.
    • Red Velvet Mojo
Red Velvet Mojo is born
« on: June 02, 2009, 08:23 AM »
Thought I'd share the news that my life long dream of playing drums in a band has been realized. We've been practicing and rehearsing as frequently as our middle-aged schedules will allow since October '08, and are now aggressively seeking gigs.

Brian Futch, the lead guitarist / vocalist is an outstanding talented writer and performer, having played the Bluebird Cafe in Nashville on many occasions as a solo artist, and was employed as a staff writer with a major label there as well. Our repertoire includes many of his orginal blues, southern rock and acoustic contemporary tracks, as well as covers.

We've played a few jam nights locally and have been well received, but we really need to earn a few bucks! To that end, we're trying to get the word out. We have a couple of artist pages on different sites about, but here's the Myspace site where we'll be posting some of our live and studio recordings.  http://www.myspace.com/redvelvetmojo1]http://www.myspace.com/redvelvetmojo1  

There's only one track posted there at the moment pending some mixing and mastering of others, and the one that's posted is actually a rough mix, recorded at Blue Parachute Studios in Lilburn, Ga one evening during practice...clams and all.

Anyway, if you know of any available gigs in the Atlanta area (or within driving distance!), let me know!
Shut up and play.

Offline eardrum

• Cafe VIP
  • It's not too late to get better!
Re: Red Velvet Mojo is born
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 02:05 AM »
Very Cool! Congrats.  It sounds great! Wish I was closer so I could come see the show...

Offline Susan Wood

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 07:42 AM »
Great tunes and groove.What kind of snare and cymbals in Mojo song?Love the lead guitarist, too.

Offline Rylie

• Cafe VIP
  • I'm really not this wide.
    • Red Velvet Mojo
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 08:18 AM »
Thanks you guys. We're just 4 middle-aged guys having fun. It's like being a teenager again, but with less acne and more money.

Susan: Snare: '68 Acrolite, hats: 14" New Beats, crashes: PST5 Thin 16 & 18, ride: 21" Sabian Stage Ride. I wish I would have used wood tipped sticks, but we were in a hurry and I wasn't really thinking...that ride doesn't record very well for the way I play (tentative, scared, insecure), and the nylon tips' attack hides the cymbal wash unless it's hit hard, which I don't.

Live an learn.
Shut up and play.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram