Topic: Frank Briggs with Kit Walker's Phase Space  (Read 1109 times)

eardrum

• Cafe VIP
  • It's not too late to get better!
Frank Briggs with Kit Walker's Phase Space
« on: June 13, 2009, 02:37 AM »
I just got home from an incredible night listening to Frank playing with a trio consisting of Kit Walker (Hammond B3, Synth, computer, etc), Matthew Heulitt
 on Guitar.  This was a blast.  These three people have never played together and only had a couple of days to work on some of the music.  All three are fantastic musicians.  Kit's compositions are what I would call "world fusion" for lack of a better label.  A lot of world rhythms and themes fused with some great grooves and blowing improvisation.  If you folks have not had the pleasure to observe Franks playing, you're missing out. He's simply has flawless technique and fantastic musical ideas.  Apparently this was a bit of an experiment and I'm hoping this trio gets a chance to develop their music.. 

By the way, I got chance to meet Frank and what a nice guy!  Frank, if you're listening, great job and tell Kit to do it again soon, please.

Todd Norris

• Cafe VIP
  • Psalm 150:5
    • Fusion Drums
Re: Frank Briggs with Kit Walker's Phase Space
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 11:44 PM »
Sweet!  Hey Frank, any chance of a recording of that performance??? ;D

eardrum

• Cafe VIP
  • It's not too late to get better!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 07:50 PM »
I recorded a few parts (tried to) with my Iphone.  The band was pretty loud so it maxed out the built in mic and wasn't worth keeping unfortunately.  My friend recorded some stuff, including a killer solo with his camera but I haven't checked if it came out.  I'll send him a note to see. 

Chip Donaho

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 09:23 PM »
That sounds like fun, I love a good trio. The talent will show when it's let loose.  ;)

Matt Self (Gaddabout)

• Cafe VIP
    • My Space
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 12:12 AM »
That is a monster group. I hope they produce something, even if it's just for iTunes or something. Frank, I'd pay $5 to download a rough live recording (a la Wayne Krantz).

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram