• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

New Weird Al!!

Started by Mark Pedersen, June 18, 2009, 09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Pedersen

I am assuming that is our own Bermuda on the skins?

"http://www.youtube.com/v/R32aFmxL9HY&hl=en&fs=1&"

Nathan Cartier

Very nice work, Bermuda!

Bermuda Schwartz

That's me, and thanks!

Bermuda

Dave Heim

Really funny!  Love the Doors vibe!

Chip Donaho

Robyn

So..is it a Doors parody, then? Can't pick out which one. ???

robyn

Mark Pedersen

Quote from: robyn on June 20, 2009, 10:23 PM
So..is it a Doors parody, then? Can't pick out which one. ???

robyn

To me it sounds like a combination of "Soul Kitchen" and Twentieth Century Fox".

Mark Counts

Quote from: Mark Pedersen on June 20, 2009, 11:35 PM
To me it sounds like a combination of "Soul Kitchen" and Twentieth Century Fox".
I would say Twentieth Century Fox. Man, I really love that Doors flavor 8). That was great!!!
Bermuda, the drumming was great and I know you had fun with that one.
One of the comments on UTUBE was that is was more like Zappa and I have to disagree.
Sounded like Doors/Al to me especially the drums,vocals and keys. Loved it!
        Nutty

Adam Wedgewood

I'm pretty sure  it's 'When the Music's Over' by The Doors

JeepnDrummer

Bermuda mentioned this is a Weird Al original and that these "songs are typically recorded in the styles of some of Al's favorite artists, and known by our fans as 'style parodies'. Craigslist is a Doors homage, and Ray Manzarek played keyboards on the track!

Now how cool is that?!

Bart Elliott

I enjoyed the tune/video as well.
Very funny to me, especially since I store all my Styrofoam peanuts for reuse. I have yet to put them on Craigslist, but if and when I do, you bet I'll make sure the buyer brings his own bag/container.  ;D

Here's a thought ... the next time you sell something on Craigslist, and the buyer comes to your house to pick it up, have Weird Al's "Craiglist" playing in the background. HAHAHA  Al should start a poll to see how many Craigslist buyers get the joke by recognizing the tune.  :)

Dave Heim

Sounds a little "Riders on the Storm"ish to me.  Though, really, it just sounds like The Doors - and that's cool.