Topic: "Sleepless In Lexington" A charity Fund Raiser for the Homeless  (Read 1348 times)

Mark Counts

• Cafe VIP
  • It is OK to be a little Nutz!!!
    • Mark T. Counts
Well, I have gotten out of the bar gigs and started trying to use music to help people. I am involved in a very Large Charity Fund raiser at Applebees Park (BaseBall Park) in Lexington Kentucky. It will be mostly Praise and Worship, Contemporary Christian Rock type music.
Anyway, If any of you are in the area, I will try to put some details out here as they come. Would love to see some of you there.
I will be doing some Video of the show. I will try to post a song or two on UTUBE and provide a link. The Athletic Director at UK and Coach Calipari with be speaking for this event.
This event isn't about ME but I will be playing drums and singing some for this event. There are two drummers and probably another percussionist. Thought some of you might enjoy it.
         Thanks,
           Nutty

Mark Counts

• Cafe VIP
    • Mark T. Counts
Re: "Sleepless In Lexington" A charity Fund Raiser for the Homeless
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 01:51 PM »
The web site for this event.
http://www.sleeplessinlexington.com/.

Jim R.

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 12:25 PM »
Cool. I hope it goes great. I'm playing for a charity event for Autism myself this summer. Playing drums is a great way to give your time and energy.

Mark Counts

• Cafe VIP
    • Mark T. Counts
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 02:35 PM »
Thanks Jim,
I was trying to put together a large Cancer Fund Raiser last year with a company out of Texas that fell threw. That was with my old classic rock band.
 This band is put together of players from my old High School mostly. A few of our singing wives are going to be involved this time.  We have all played together in bands at different times over the past 31 years but never has this group worked together as a whole. It has come together really fast and it is a bunch of music. Everyone but the bass player and other drummer can sing lead vocals. The harmonies are great. Great people to work with. "Old Friends", They all understand what it takes to get it done and sounding right fast. I get to share the stage with another drummer this time. Two drum kits. I am playing my Mod Oyster Orange Tama Star Classic kit ;D. I also get to go up front and sing about 4 songs with out a drum kit in front of me. That feels different  :P. This is one of those that the audience will sing with you. It is all great fun and for a good cause. I will get some Video of this one and maybe upload a song or two on UTUBE :). Share it here with you all.

Mark Counts

• Cafe VIP
    • Mark T. Counts
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 04:23 PM »
Thought I would post a few tunes edited for UTUBE.

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram