Topic: Danny Seraphine/Hannah Ford video  (Read 3454 times)

Offline Hannah Ford

• Cafe VIP
    • hannahforddrums
    • hannahforddrums.com
Danny Seraphine/Hannah Ford video
« on: August 27, 2009, 10:58 AM »
Hey guys,

I was totally caught off guard when Danny asked me to jam with him at the end of his clinic.  What an honor.  I've had several emails from him since that day and he is such a class act.

I just found this today on you tube.  Funny, even got Dad wrapping the coat around my waist because my dress was so short.  lol

Enjoy...it was great fun!  I wish we would have had even 2 minutes prep time. LOL

Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah Ford

"Life's a Stage...Perform It..."

Offline Larry Rankine

• Cafe VIP
    • Larry Rankine
Re: Danny Seraphine/Hannah Ford video
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 11:25 AM »
STANDING OVATION!  ;D

Great job Hannah and how cool is that.....jamming with Danny Seraphine!  He was (is) one of my Drum Gods from the Hey Days of Chicago.  In your talks (emails, whatever) with Danny did he happen to mention anything about the status his current band CTA (tours, albums, etc)? 
TAMA Starclassic Bubinga and Bubinga/Birch teamed up with Zildjian!!.......and now Sabian too!

Better than this?!?!

Online Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 10:38 AM »
In honor of Danny Seraphine's birthday, he's 61-years-old today, I've added my video footage of Danny and Hannah jamming at the Chicago Drum Show.

Plus I have to show off just how good the video looks and sounds.  ;D

Offline Hannah Ford

• Cafe VIP
    • hannahforddrums
    • hannahforddrums.com
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 11:27 AM »
Awwww, thanks Bart for posting it again. 

You're right, that camera ROCKS!

Hannah
Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah Ford

Offline Bob Dias

• Cafe VIP
  • mmmmm...staves
    • Ugly Rumor
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 12:31 PM »
Hmmm...

Give me a moment to find my jaw as it has fallen off and is rolling around on the floor here somewhere...

I am pretty sure you have already forgotten more about how to play drums than I have ever learned.

Outstanding. Just outstanding.

Bob

(ps...wheres my HF t-shirt? B.)
"It's O.K. if you only know three chords, but for God's sake, play'em in the right order" (H. Hill)

Offline Hannah Ford

• Cafe VIP
    • hannahforddrums
    • hannahforddrums.com
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 01:36 PM »
Hmmm...

Give me a moment to find my jaw as it has fallen off and is rolling around on the floor here somewhere...

I am pretty sure you have already forgotten more about how to play drums than I have ever learned.

Outstanding. Just outstanding.

Bob

(ps...wheres my HF t-shirt? B.)

Hey thank you Bob...not sure that's quite true, but thanks anyway. lol

Dad had a real problem with the most recent order of shirts that came in and sent them back.  Sorry...I'll send you more info via a personal email and get you up to speed.

As always I appreciate the support and encouragement.

Hannah
Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah Ford

Offline Larry Rankine

• Cafe VIP
    • Larry Rankine
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 03:48 PM »
Hey Hannah, please don't forget me....... :'(  (see previous post).
TAMA Starclassic Bubinga and Bubinga/Birch teamed up with Zildjian!!.......and now Sabian too!

Better than this?!?!

Offline Hannah Ford

• Cafe VIP
    • hannahforddrums
    • hannahforddrums.com
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 06:10 PM »
STANDING OVATION!  ;D

Great job Hannah and how cool is that.....jamming with Danny Seraphine!  He was (is) one of my Drum Gods from the Hey Days of Chicago.  In your talks (emails, whatever) with Danny did he happen to mention anything about the status his current band CTA (tours, albums, etc)? 

Thanks Larry,

C'mon now, I wouldn't forget about you....lol

Danny was in Germany early this month then recently in Mexico.  Sept is light, and in Oct CTA will be doing shows in MA, PA and the late Oct Cali.  In November I believe Danny is going to play a roll in the Hollywood Rock N Roll Fantasy Camp.

They do have a cd out that is AWESOME called Full Circle.  Check them out at www.ctatheband.com

Hannah
Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah Ford

Offline NY Frank

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 07:09 PM »
I can't see the contents of this thread.  And others.

Is everyone experiencing this?
+
Frank
Just play

Bionic Ankle    "... we can rebuild him ..."

Offline Hannah Ford

• Cafe VIP
    • hannahforddrums
    • hannahforddrums.com
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 07:15 PM »
Maybe you should have your eyes checked! :o  LOL

All joking aside, mines working fine.

Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah Ford

Offline Larry Rankine

• Cafe VIP
    • Larry Rankine
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 08:54 PM »
Thanks Larry,

C'mon now, I wouldn't forget about you....lol

Danny was in Germany early this month then recently in Mexico.  Sept is light, and in Oct CTA will be doing shows in MA, PA and the late Oct Cali.  In November I believe Danny is going to play a roll in the Hollywood Rock N Roll Fantasy Camp.

They do have a cd out that is AWESOME called Full Circle.  Check them out at www.ctatheband.com

Hannah

You're a sweetheart young lady! Thanks!  Unfortuantely for me none of those locations are close by.  I've put in a plug for CTA at my place of employment since we've previously had the Chicago/EW&F groups here.  Don't know if that will fly or not (not my department so all I can do is suggest).  In any case I've already got their Full Circle CD and it's awesome.....brings back a lot of memories as well showcasing their original  stuff!  Hence my interest in what they might be doing currently!  The percussionist on the Full Circle CD is a guy named Walter Rodriguez who I originally saw as the percussionist (Charlie Adams being the drummer) in Yanni's orchestra on his DVD "Yanni Live!"  It was fantastic and you don't have to be a New Age fan to enjoy his music! 

Thanks so much for your reply and....as always...continued success in you and your bands endeavors!

Larry

P.S.  ..."I believe Danny is going to play a roll......."  ROFL....no pun intended right?   ;D

Better than this?!?!

Offline Hannah Ford

• Cafe VIP
    • hannahforddrums
    • hannahforddrums.com
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 09:03 PM »
I agree and love the CTA CD as well!  It's an awesome sound that just makes ya feel good all over. LOL

Danny has just been so genuine and down to ear since with me.  He's just another one of many in my circle of GREAT friends that are amazing musicians.

Enjoy that CD!

Hannah
Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah Ford

Offline NY Frank

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 10:01 PM »
Oh well.  I see another post to this and other threads, and when I open anything on the DC,
I get nothing.

Guess I'm cut off.
+
Frank
Just play

Online Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 05:11 PM »
Oh well.  I see another post to this and other threads, and when I open anything on the DC,
I get nothing.

Guess I'm cut off.

Well, in response, although this is completely off topic, the issue is with the OLD SCHOOL template for the forum. With the latest security update requirements, the OLD SCHOOL template will no longer work.

I've changed everyone to the default template for now until I have time to design a white background template that will work with the latest release.

Offline NY Frank

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 05:24 PM »
Sorry for the thread interruption.  When I saw this thread and I couldn't see it, I couldn't help myself.

Bart fixed me.  Resetting my theme solved it.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming ...

- Hannah is awesome in the video.  Hannah - it's really fun to see your growth year to year.  You're really killing it in that video.

- Danny is very generous during that time. 

- Another vote for the CTA album.  Must-have music.

- I wish Danny and CTA would play in my town - with Hannah opening for him, of course.

;D

[Glad to be back online.  I was suffering from DC withdrawal.]
+
Frank
Just play

Offline Hannah Ford

• Cafe VIP
    • hannahforddrums
    • hannahforddrums.com
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 11:44 PM »
Thank you Frank... ;D

If that day happens where I open for CTA in the NY area I promise you'll have backstage access.

Hannah
Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah Ford

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram