Topic: I'm Playing in the Cape Breton International Drumfest 2010  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Adam Wedgewood

• Cafe VIP
This event is local to be every year in Glace Bay, Nova Scotia CAN.  This is the 10th year running and I never miss this event.  I will be playing in this drumfest next year on May 22 - 23.  I picked Heart of the Sunrise to play because both Bruford and Alan White have both played it here in the past years.  First I was going to play to the backing track on fragile, then decided my band Thought Machine could record it and I'd play to that, but now my entire band will be playing this cover on stage with me!  I kind of feel bad now for playing a cover with my band who has about 1h10min of original material and an upcoming CD release.  As you can understand we're trying  to build a solid fan base and this event would be a great spot to help that.

This years line up includes: Roxy Petrucci, Pete Lockett, Dom Famularo, Virgil Donati, Carmine Appice, Jerry Mercer, Alan White, Denny Seiwell, Paul Wertico, Bill Cobham, Scott Atkins, Dylan Mombourquette, Steve Wilton, John Morrison, Pete Lockett, Bernard “Pretty” Purdie, Asani/Ed Mann, Skip Hadden, Danny Seraphine & Liberty Devitto, Chris Sutherland.Chad Wakerman, Troy Luccketta and myself, Adam Wedgewood.

The event will also be published about in Modern Drummer next month I am led to believe.  Wondering if anyone on the board is going to make it.  Also wanted some advice as to should I keep the cover song, or now play an original with my band.

Offline Susan Wood

• Cafe VIP
Re: I'm Playing in the Cape Breton International Drumfest 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 03:45 PM »
Congrats!I went this year and may go next year if I am able and I will be sure to introduce myself to you.I live in New Bruswick.
Congratulations, once more.

Offline Hannah Ford

• Cafe VIP
    • hannahforddrums
    • hannahforddrums.com
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 09:34 PM »
WOW!  What an honor and a thrill to share this billing with some of the best that our profession has to offer.

Congrats!!  I'm sure you'll have the time of your life.

Hannah
Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah Ford

"Life's a Stage...Perform It..."

Offline Nathan Cartier

• Cafe VIP
  • Cooking, Gaming, Drumming
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 12:10 AM »
Have fun!

Play something original!

Offline NY Frank

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 07:13 AM »
That's quite a lineup of amazing players.

Enjoy.
+
Frank
Just play

Bionic Ankle    "... we can rebuild him ..."

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram