• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Good-bye Felix

Started by Bart Elliott, October 06, 2009, 11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan Wood

Maybe someone who has Felix's e-mail could send him a note about all the responses that were posted regarding him being missed??

William Leslie

Thank you for all the helpful information you passed along. You saved me alot of money on things that really would have been a waste.  Good Luck.

NY Frank

Curiosity has the best of me on this.  If it's personal stuff, it's none of my business.  If it's DC stuff, I'd actually like to know.

Wes is a good guy, and a great contributor to this forum.   

Wes - if you wanted to bounce something off someone, feel free to PM or e-mail me.  I'm all ears.

Mark Counts

Quote from: New York Frank on October 11, 2009, 02:02 PM
Curiosity has the best of me on this.  If it's personal stuff, it's none of my business.  If it's DC stuff, I'd actually like to know.

Wes is a good guy, and a great contributor to this forum.   

Wes - if you wanted to bounce something off someone, feel free to PM or e-mail me.  I'm all ears.

I am going to offer the same thing. That goes for any of you.

Bart Elliott

FYI ... Wesley can't read any of this unless he registers again.

I don't want to give out his email simply because ... well, if he wanted to stay in touch, he wouldn't have deleted his account and/or would have made contact with individuals he wanted to stay in touch with. Not trying to be mean or ugly; just giving my take on it all.

Here's what Wes had to say:

QuoteI need to move on and to do that, "felix" needs to die and become a "guest" on D.C.

Drum forums are skewing my art so I'm staying away from them. I have to have an opinion about stuff and not sugarcoat everything.

I'll just be hanging out at the sonor museum if anyone asks.

I'm sure someday he'll see all of the nice comments you've made about him.

Todd Norris

Wow, bummer.  Felix was one of the first people to interact with me when I first came on board here.  Here's hoping he comes back after some time away.  We'll miss you cat-man!

Jon E

I hope it wasn't my KnightRider/Smokey and the Bandit posts that sent him packing.  ::)

in all honesty felix, there are a lot of us here who know what you are going through to some degree--myself included.

Things get better.

DR

Over years of enjoying Drummer Cafe, I appreciated his contributions and looked forward to his next.

Best wishes, Wes!

Mark Counts

Quote from: Susan on October 11, 2009, 07:49 AM
Maybe someone who has Felix's e-mail could send him a note about all the responses that were posted regarding him being missed??
I will try. Been thinking about what to say to him for the past couple weeks. This is if this E-mail address I have is still good?
It was last time I sent something to him. That was the first of the summer. A lot can change in the period of time.

Mark Schlipper

Not exactly how I wanted to get back into second place for post counts.   But if the gaps in my posting trends are any indicator, I understand how he feels, and yeah, sometimes pushing to the back burner isn't enough, you just have to chuck it all out and start over. 

So if anyone's passing on the word, tell him 563 gives him a slap on the back, a 'see you round', and godspeed on his well nigh Homeric journey.

Drumlooney

I totally understand, I don't think I've been by the cafe in atleast a year, sometimes you just need a break, I'm sure he'll be back.

Tony

Yeah, I've made about 3 visits in the last 3 years due to personal issues, career change, etc but I had no desire to delete myself. I hope Felix comes back some day and I don't really know what's going on with him but I hope his strong will keeps him going. Me and the Catman go way back to the early days of the forum and I was looking forward to catching up with him.

Bart Elliott

I contacted felix (Wesley) the other day. He's doing well. Lot's of changes but feels that he's on a good path. I'm very happy for him.

Chris Whitten

Chip Donaho

I'm one of the few people here who has met Felix....Bart, if you chat with him again please tell him "hi" from Chip. I would love to see him again.  ;)

Mark Counts

Yea, I had a email and phone number on him at one time. The info was his company which is not going anymore. I am another one that has been through a bunch of stuff over the past 3.5 years. Don't get on here as much as I once did. I really missed Felix's post when he left. I am glad you checked up on him Bart and it is great to know that he is doing well. I would also love to see him come back to the DC.