Topic: Commercially speaking!  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Mark Pedersen

• VIP / Subscriber
  • Love to Drum!
    • Drum Lessons PDX
Commercially speaking!
« on: October 28, 2009, 04:18 PM »
Okay - this is a weird one. I got a call from a friend of mine who works for the Kroger Advertising agency here in Portland. They are doing a commercial shoot next week for the Holidays ad campaign and he wanted me to "play" the drummer in the band they are putting together for a kind of twist sock hop theme. Just have to sit there for 10 hours or so behind my kit and mime the track. Not a bad days pay either!

If you have any Fred Meyer Stores in your area look for the monkey suit wearing, bobbing bald head behind the Vintage WMP Ludwigs. That's me! Shoot is next week and should be on the air with in a couple of weeks. 
The Thread Killer!!!

donelk

Re: Commercially speaking!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 04:37 PM »
Mark, I'll tell all my music buddies down here in Eugene that I have an internet drum friend in the commercial. They will be impressed... no really... they will.

Have fun!

Offline Mark Pedersen

• VIP / Subscriber
  • Love to Drum!
    • Drum Lessons PDX
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 11:56 AM »
Realized I didn't post the finished product. Enjoy:
<"http://www.youtube.com/v/ggtnU5Xmjuk&hl=en_US&fs=1&">
The Thread Killer!!!

lopan

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 01:14 PM »
Ahhh Showbiz!  Pretty cool mark.

Offline eardrum

• Cafe VIP
  • It's not too late to get better!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 01:24 PM »
Mark,
Just curious. Is this a union gig?  My daughter is doing some acting and been in a couple commercials now. She's hoping to get a call to a union gig that would allow her to get her SAG card...  It made me wonder about musicians and SAG. Do you have to be in the musicians union to get on a SAG gig?

Offline Mark Pedersen

• VIP / Subscriber
  • Love to Drum!
    • Drum Lessons PDX
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 01:33 PM »
Mark,
Just curious. Is this a union gig?  My daughter is doing some acting and been in a couple commercials now. She's hoping to get a call to a union gig that would allow her to get her SAG card...  It made me wonder about musicians and SAG. Do you have to be in the musicians union to get on a SAG gig?

This was a non union gig so I can't answer that, sorry. I know a couple of the actors had agents that got them the audition for it and there was an open casting call for the extra's. Of course this is in Portland Oregon so we do things a little bass ackwards sometimes. If this was in L.A., it would of been a bigger production then it was. Good luck to her!!!
The Thread Killer!!!

Online Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 09:51 PM »
Great job Mark!

I've done these types of things before ... and you did great! You looked the part, where having fun ... AND THEY HAD A LOT OF SHOTS OF YOU! If you stunk, they wouldn't have had any close-ups.

Hope you get to do more of these types of things, if you want them.  8)

Offline Larry Rankine

• Cafe VIP
    • Larry Rankine
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 04:53 AM »
Great job Mark!  8)
TAMA Starclassic Bubinga and Bubinga/Birch teamed up with Zildjian!!.......and now Sabian too!

Better than this?!?!

Offline Mark Pedersen

• VIP / Subscriber
  • Love to Drum!
    • Drum Lessons PDX
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 09:31 AM »
Thanks guys - it means a lot. I do hope I get more gigs like this but I actually want to be able to play the parts as well as act them.
The Thread Killer!!!

Offline Todd Norris

• Cafe VIP
  • Psalm 150:5
    • Fusion Drums
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 05:48 PM »
Neat!  Gotta love the multiple solo shots!

Offline Jon E

• Cafe VIP
  • Gaaaah!
    • Things Very Special
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 04:49 AM »
Yeah, lots of face time!

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram