Topic: Heard but not seen on Youtube  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Mister Acrolite

• Cafe VIP
  • I'm not bald; I'm aerodynamic.
    • k e i t h c r o n i n . c o m
Heard but not seen on Youtube
« on: November 27, 2009, 05:25 PM »

Here's something I haven't encountered before: a music video featuring somebody else playing my drum parts!

I'm the actual drummer on that track, but Baltimore drummer/percussionist Mark St. Pierre is miming the performance for the video.

It's an interesting album by an artist I've done a lot of recording with over the last decade - this latest project is called "Nuke the Soup," produced by Peter Solley (The Romantics, Clapton, etc.). I played on the majority of the record, and Chester Thompson did a couple tracks as well.

Here's another video from the same album, with some pretty interesting visual effects:

I'm the drummer on that one, too. Hope you enjoy it!
Hit on 2. Repeat on 4.
(instructions found written on Mr. A's snare drum)

Offline eardrum

• Cafe VIP
  • It's not too late to get better!
Re: Heard but not seen on Youtube
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 12:48 AM »
The second video is great. The visuals are "how'd they do that" cool.  Good song too.

The song and your drumming are really good on the first one but I've always had a problem with music videos that portray a band playing the song and it's obvious that they are not.  Why do they do that? I want to see real musicians (you) playing real music, not some simulation...  Anyway, great job on the songs Mr. A and thanks for sharing..

Offline Jon E

• Cafe VIP
  • Gaaaah!
    • Things Very Special
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 05:17 AM »
Mime is money.

Offline Larry Rankine

• Cafe VIP
    • Larry Rankine
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 05:26 AM »
I agree with Eardrum Mr. A.  Did they even ask if you wanted to appear in the vid or is that just "the way" in the music biz? 

By the way you sound terrific in both cuts Bro! 
TAMA Starclassic Bubinga and Bubinga/Birch teamed up with Zildjian!!.......and now Sabian too!

Better than this?!?!

Offline NY Frank

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 05:36 AM »
Great stuff.
+
Frank
Just play

Bionic Ankle    "... we can rebuild him ..."

Offline Mister Acrolite

• Cafe VIP
  • I'm not bald; I'm aerodynamic.
    • k e i t h c r o n i n . c o m
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 09:40 AM »
I agree with Eardrum Mr. A.  Did they even ask if you wanted to appear in the vid or is that just "the way" in the music biz? 

By the way you sound terrific in both cuts Bro! 

Thanks!

It's not a slight to me - they are based in Baltimore, and I've always just flown in to do their audio recordings. I'm sure they'd happily use me in the video and live band if I lived up there.  8)
Hit on 2. Repeat on 4.
(instructions found written on Mr. A's snare drum)

Ardent15

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 07:09 PM »
Great drumming Keith! And the songs are not bad!

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram