Topic: New Edu Material in Modern Drummer (01/10) & DRUM! Website  (Read 1063 times)

Offline David Stanoch

• Honorary VIP
  • "Give the Drummer Some!"
    • david.stanoch
    • Rhythmelodic
New Edu Material in Modern Drummer (01/10) & DRUM! Website
« on: December 09, 2009, 11:01 PM »
Greetings to all my Drummer Cafe friends!

I haven't been able to hang here much as of late & I miss you and hope you're enjoying the holiday season.

Just wanted to let you know I have a new article in the January 2010 issue of Modern Drummer - "Mastering Time, Part 3, The Stubble-Stroke Roll" which draws on a concept I first saw Clyde Stubblefield use, to impressive effect back in the early 80's, that is both useful & hip! (Thanks to Bart for the shout out in last week's PRess Roll!)  ;)

I also have new tutorial excerpts from my book "Mastering the Tables of Time, Vol. I" online @ the DRUM! magazine website courtesy of the fine folks @ Alfred Music & DRUM! Have a look: http://www.drummagazine.com/lessons/post/improve-your-groove-polyrhythm-tutorial/  8)

I hope you'll take the time to check it all out and that they'll be useful to you and enjoyable.

More soon, all the best to you all!
D.

"You are only in competition with yourself" ~ Max Roach

Offline Hannah Ford

• Cafe VIP
    • hannahforddrums
    • hannahforddrums.com
Re: New Edu Material in Modern Drummer (01/10) & DRUM! Website
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 05:54 AM »
That's AWESOME David.  Congrats on the continued recognition!

Hannah
Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah Ford

"Life's a Stage...Perform It..."

lopan

Re: New Edu Material in Modern Drummer (01/10) & DRUM! Website
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 06:08 AM »
David,

Congratulations on getting published (again!) in Modern Drummer and Drum!. Great articles.

-Mike

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram