Topic: 2010 KoSA Winnipeg DrumTalk Festival  (Read 3014 times)

Offline David Stanoch

• Honorary VIP
  • "Give the Drummer Some!"
    • david.stanoch
    • Rhythmelodic
2010 KoSA Winnipeg DrumTalk Festival
« on: February 21, 2010, 09:06 PM »
Greetings to all,

The 2010 KoSA Winnipeg DrumTalk Festival has just been announced. The event takes place on Sunday, March 21st, in Manitoba, Canada.

I'm proud to be part of an exciting bill that also includes Cuban drummer, composer and bandleading sensation, Piloto, and Jim Riley, of the hit-making band, Rascal Flatts.

You can find all the artist line up, ticket, time & location information at the website:
http://www.winnipegdrumtalk.ca/index.html

There is also a Facebook Event/Fan Page if you'd like to check that out:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Winnipeg-MB/The-2010-KoSA-Winnipeg-DrumTalk-Festival/360227433956?ref=mf

I'd like to encourage anyone in the region to come and join us for what promises to be a fantastic day of celebrating the art and power of drumming. There's something for everyone - a lot of diversity!

Events like this take hours of preparation and dedication to put together. I'd like to thank Festival Director, David Schneider, who is a tireless and terrific educator and head of The Music Cellar, which is a fantastic institution of learning in the Winnipeg, Manitoba area, http://www.themusiccellar.com, for his warm invitation, and also Aldo Mazza, who heads the renowned KoSA Academy in Montreal and hosts workshops and events worldwide, for embracing this event and enveloping it with the prestigious KoSA name and standard of excellence. (Visit http://www.kosamusic.com)

I am so fortunate to have an incredible array of sponsors for my appearance and as important as it is to me to inform you about this event and help promote it, it is equally, if not more so, important to thank the incredible teams of people at Alfred Music Publishing, Hansenfutz, McNally Smith College of Music, Paiste Cymbals, Vic Firth, and Yamaha Drums - my friends who are not only supporting my personal and musical needs, they are also generously providing their literature, swag and a variety of door prizes for the event.

The Drummer Cafe and Modern Drummer are sponsors of the event as well and it is a real honor to represent them and all of these fine organizations that I am proud to be a part of. It's an honor that's not lost on me. I take all of my performance and educational work very seriously and really enjoy it. To have this kind of support is a dream come true.

Once again, join us if you can and do say hello! I look forward to meeting any and all who can attend.

"You are only in competition with yourself" ~ Max Roach

Offline David Stanoch

• Honorary VIP
    • david.stanoch
    • Rhythmelodic
Re: 2010 KoSA Winnipeg DrumTalk Festival
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 10:13 PM »
The 2010 KoSA Winnipeg DrumTalk Festival was a great success. I was proud to share the stage with two fantastic young Canadian drummers - jazz artist Curtis Nowosad, pop artist Andrew Stricko (of Faber Drive), KoSA's Also Mazza, Cuban monsters Piloto, Julio Lopez Sanchez & Jean Roberto san Cristobal, and Rascal Flatts' Jim Riley.

It was an 8 hour event that held the attention of over 350 people in attendance and their response was terrific. I'd like to once again thank Festival Director, David Schneider, KoSA Academy's Aldo Mazza, and my sponsors, Alfred Music Publishing, Drummer Cafe, Hansenfutz, McNally Smith College of Music, Modern Drummer, Paiste Cymbals, Vic Firth, and Yamaha Drums. The international support they gave me was incredible, providing beautiful instruments for me to perform on and donating great giveaway merchandise and lots of free swag.

It was great fun. Lots of pics have been posted online if you'd like a look: http://www.winnipegdrumtalk.ca/index.html

Thanks again to Bart here @ DC for his friendship and support. I appreciate it my friend! Cheers!

Offline David Stanoch

• Honorary VIP
    • david.stanoch
    • Rhythmelodic
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 12:52 AM »
There's video from the 2010 KoSA Winnipeg Drumtalk Festival posted on their youtube channel.

I'll share this clip w/y'all...here I'm jamming on a 5/4 vamp, showcasing applications of groove, metric modulation, polyrhythm & solo concepts I break down in my clinic from my book, Mastering the Tables of Time.

All of the artists who were able to came together and winged a fun & loose jam for the finale. Lots of great players up there...dig what a beast Rascall Flatts' Jim Riley is at center stage. Easy to see why he's the MD for his band!

I hope you enjoy these clips, it was a great day! Head over to the Festival's youtube site: http://www.youtube.com/user/WinnipegDrumTalk, to see and hear the many other great artists who performed - they're terrific!

Offline Hannah Ford

• Cafe VIP
    • hannahforddrums
    • hannahforddrums.com
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 12:32 PM »
WOW!  Thanks David for sharing...really dug the 5/4 stuff!!!

By the way, Stanton shared the stuff you gave him with me....NICE.

Hope to cross paths again soon.

Hannah
Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah Ford

"Life's a Stage...Perform It..."

Offline David Stanoch

• Honorary VIP
    • david.stanoch
    • Rhythmelodic
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 09:18 AM »
WOW!  Thanks David for sharing...really dug the 5/4 stuff!!!

By the way, Stanton shared the stuff you gave him with me....NICE.

Hope to cross paths again soon.

Hannah

Thank you, Hannah!
Glad you had fun w/Stanton, I know that's a regular hang for you two when he's in your neck of the woods, that's great!

Have fun tearing it up w/Jeff Berlin this weekend! I'm sure it'll be cookin'!  8)

Hope to see you & Dave again soon, too! Might be dropping into the Chicago Drum Show for a day, it's a long shot & I won't really know until the last minute. It would be great to see you w/Pandorum!

Cheers!

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 02:21 PM »
Thanks for sharing the video footage.
Great job my friend; very proud of you!

Offline Hannah Ford

• Cafe VIP
    • hannahforddrums
    • hannahforddrums.com
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 03:45 PM »
Thank you, Hannah!
Glad you had fun w/Stanton, I know that's a regular hang for you two when he's in your neck of the woods, that's great!

Have fun tearing it up w/Jeff Berlin this weekend! I'm sure it'll be cookin'!  8)

Hope to see you & Dave again soon, too! Might be dropping into the Chicago Drum Show for a day, it's a long shot & I won't really know until the last minute. It would be great to see you w/Pandorum!

Cheers!

Hey David,

Please let us know if you're comin in. Hopefully we can set aside some time to catch up.

Talk soon,

Hannah
Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah Ford

"Life's a Stage...Perform It..."

Offline Todd Norris

• Cafe VIP
  • Psalm 150:5
    • Fusion Drums
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 07:46 PM »
Thanks David!  Very cool!

Offline David Stanoch

• Honorary VIP
    • david.stanoch
    • Rhythmelodic
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 10:46 PM »
Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

Here's a short new compliation trailer from Epic Videography that captures a nice sense of the vibe and energy of the event. Fun stuff. Watch for this festival to only get bigger in the future. Director David Schneider is a very giving organizer with a real love for drumming and a plan to share that love.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram