• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Gig with Bassist Jeff Berlin @ The Jazz Showcase Chicago

Started by Hannah Ford, April 05, 2010, 11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannah Ford

Hey Ya'll....

For those of you in the Chicago area on April 19th I will be at The Jazz Showcase with the CCPA Jazz Ensemble & awesome bassist Jeff Berlin.

Jeff is a legend of the electric bass. He is considered by many to be the finest electric bass player in the world. Noted for his fluid lyrical playing, he is also a pioneer of slap bass and two-handed tapping. Founder of The Players School of Music in Clearwater, Fla., Berlin has been at the front of music education for almost 30 years.  Berlin tours with his band that features former Pat Metheny Group drummers, Danny Gottlieb and Paul Wertico, who is head of CCPA's Jazz and Contemporary Music Studies Program; steel drummer Othello Molineaux; trumpet player Randy Brecker; and pianist/bassist Richard Drexler.  Once again I am blessed to have the opportunity to perform with a musician of Mr. Berlin's caliber.

This performance is free and open to the public.

The Jazz Showcase is located at:
806 S. Plymouth Ct
Chicago, IL

Hope to see you there!

Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah

Mister Acrolite

Bart Elliott

Great Hannah; have fun.

FYI ... make sure you put your metronome away; don't let Jeff see it.  ;)

Hannah Ford

Quote from: Bart Elliott on April 06, 2010, 11:02 AM
Great Hannah; have fun.

FYI ... make sure you put your metronome away; don't let Jeff see it.  ;)

No worries...mine is internal!   ;)

Thanks for the heads up though.

Hannah

David Stanoch

Right on Hannah,
My guess is you'll have a ball! I have great memories of seeing Jeff Berlin w/Bil Bruford's band sometime last century...

Check some of that band's work out if you haven't already. Here's a smokin' live clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNinUu7-ML8

With what you've got happening now w/Pandorum, my guess is you'll dig it! Have fun!!!

Hannah Ford

Hi David,

Thanks for the vid!  Very cool....

I'm REALLY looking forward to this show.  I'm hopeful we get some good recordings out of it.  I'll make sure to share them if we do.

Hannah

Hannah Ford

Hey Guys,

Just a friendly neighborhood reminder to check out my gig with Jeff Berlin this coming Monday night at The Jazz Showcase.  It's a GREAT venue and we're plannin' on workin' out the FUNK, BIG BAND STYLE!

Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah

NY Frank

Way to go, Hannah.

[And, um, yeah - you better hide any time keeping devices.   :)    ]

Hannah Ford

Hi Ya'll,

My show with Jeff Berlin was amazing!!  I got to spend some quality time as well with one of the most incredible bass players ever.

Within 30 minutes of our first meeting he had me at the piano testing my ear.  LOL  Thank goodness I passed with flying colors.  Good ole ear training and jazz theory came through for me.

Here's a couple of pics from the night of the gig I thought you guys might enjoy.

Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah

Me and Jeff fooling around after the gig...He's a nut!

My Mentor Paul Wertico...he's just been amazing for me.