Topic: Touring with the 147th Army Band  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Daniel Heier

• Cafe VIP
Touring with the 147th Army Band
« on: July 16, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Greetings Drummers,

Just thought I would share with you that for the past week I have been on tour with the 147th Army Band and I have a few more dates with them before it is over. The 147th Army Band based out of South Dakota has been playing in a little communities around the size of 1,000 people so far. The turn out has been great for small cities. Normally around 150-300 people show up.

We have been playing classic Sousa Marches to music by Glen Miller in the concert band. I also perform with the jazz/funk group. The jazz/funk group debuted my arrangement of the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour. That is super exciting for me because that was the first song I arranged and it sounds pretty good. But I am also learning on how to make it better. The rock band, SGT ROCK!, plays a set as well.

Being on tour with the Army Band has been a blast and the next few shows will be exciting to perform. Just in case anyone one from South Dakota reads this, we perform in Mobridge tonight, Highmore tomorrow, and Mitchell the following evening. All performance are at 7:30 in the community parks!

Peace
"The winner is he who gives himself to his work, body and soul."

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Re: Touring with the 147th Army Band
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 12:15 PM »
Love to see some photos and/or video at some point ... if that is possible.

Thank you for spreading the joy of music as well as serving our country.  :)

Offline Chip Donaho

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 01:57 PM »
When you get back to the Twin Cities give me a shout. It's nice to chat with another Army drummer. It's also nice to hear their playing better music.  ;D  I've been down that avenue.  ;)
Craviotto-DW-Mapex-Slingerland
Paiste-Zildjian
"When you quit learning you start dying."-My Grandfather

Offline Daniel Heier

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 09:52 AM »
Bart, photos are definately possible as there seems to be someone taking pictures throughout the day and I will definately share some photos. Video or Audio might be possible. I will know more next week regarding that. Thanks for the kind words.

Chip, it would be nice to get together when I get back to the cities and talk some drums. I will send you a message once I am back. Also, the first day I am back I go and see Ringo at Mystic Lake!
"The winner is he who gives himself to his work, body and soul."

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram