• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Guess who has a drum kit in his / her kitchen? No not Vinnie, but almost ;-)

Started by Zappa-fan, August 16, 2010, 04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robyn

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Robyn on August 17, 2010, 10:23 PM
Guy's definitely a bachelor.

Except he's not single.

I'm sure that footage is from the kitchen in his studio, not his home.

Nathan Cartier

Indeed, he's usually got his wedding ring on a chain around his neck when he's performing.

That's a pretty good endorsement for the Zoom.  I've been considering purchasing a small camcorder like that, but I think I'd like one that will do HD.  The Zoom only does 640x480, which is kind of a big downside now that HD is becoming the norm.

Audio sounds great, though, the switch for the gain levels is a very handy feature.

I really got a kick out of the Lite Stix footage.  Normally, when you're watching a drummer play, you can't really see the path that the tip of the stick takes when it travels from drum to drum.  Very interesting to be able to see that aspect of Steve's technique so clearly.

Robyn

Quote from: Bart Elliott on August 17, 2010, 10:28 PM
Except he's not single.

I'm sure that footage is from the kitchen in his studio, not his home.

Sure looks like a bachelor pad kitchen to me!   ;D  Pretty fancy, having a kitchen in your studio!  Or is it a studio in his kitchen?

Awesome drumming, either way.

robyn

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Robyn on August 20, 2010, 11:12 PM
Sure looks like a bachelor pad kitchen to me!   ;D  Pretty fancy, having a kitchen in your studio!  Or is it a studio in his kitchen?

He has a complete house converted into a studio if I remember correctly.

Actually quite common for studios to have a small kitchen. Remember, when musicians are in the studio all day, they get hungry. ;D  Almost all of the studios I've ever worked in have a kitchen and green room.

stevesmithfan

I know this topic is rather old. But that video footage is of Steve in his kitchen guest house in Oregon. He sold his California home studio a few years ago.

Paicey

Maybe ill have to one up him and put a swimming pool in my home studio that i dont have yet :'(. Hey, ive got a little practice pad set down the basement and i might be able to plug in a microwave over by the washer and dryer for some Hot pockets ;D.