Topic: I'm home!  (Read 1094 times)

Doug Tann

• Honorary VIP
    • Doug Tann
I'm home!
« on: December 18, 2010, 09:14 PM »
Hey everybody;

Greetings from L.A.  I'm finally home.  Left the house September 20th and went to Australia and back and spent the last month in Mexico.  Great to be home with the wife and the dawg.

SHAMELESS PLUG:  Watch the Rose Bowl parade and look for the Cunard/Queen Mary Float.  I'm being paid a stupid amount of money to mime to a track for 3 hours.  My wife is laughing hysterically for as far as she is concerned, it's the first time I'm being paid to NOT play the drums.  Maybe a new career move. Who knows. 

After that it's NAMM.  Anybody who's there can catch me playing at the Sleishman Booth.

Happy Holidays..Wonderful to be home.

Bart Elliott

• Super Admin
  • Founder & Owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Re: I'm home!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 11:00 PM »
Well now you can play as much of the 15/8 Left Clave that you want and no one will complain!  ;)

Congrats on the gig; I'll be watching for you.

NY Frank

• Cafe VIP
Re: I'm home!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 01:39 PM »
Glad to hear you landed home safely.   Sounds like you earned your downtime with wife and dawg.   

Rose Bowl parade gig sounds awesome.   :)   We're gonna have to capture and post some video of your miming.    :)

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram