• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Remodeled my studio

Started by Bart Elliott, February 15, 2011, 04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bart Elliott

I recently remodeled my home studio (aka Drummer Cafe Production Studio) and upgraded my computer set-up; thought I would share some photos with you all.

Tim van de Ven

Nice Glyph drives, Bart.  ;D

Sweet set-up!

Hank Gagnon

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Tim van de Ven on February 15, 2011, 05:42 PM
Nice Glyph drives, Bart.

Thanks!

I highly recommend Glyph drives; mine have been extremely dependable over the years.

Bill Bachman

Fancy Schmancy! That looks pretty posh.

KevinD

Hey Bart,

Is that an Akai S5000 sampler in your rack? If I remember correctly it had a removable face plate or something like that.

You get some great sounds in both your audio and video projects, would you give us a  high level run down of some of your gear?

Thanks,

Kevin

Bart Elliott

Quote from: KevinD on February 19, 2011, 11:52 AM
Is that an Akai S5000 sampler in your rack? If I remember correctly it had a removable face plate or something like that.

You get some great sounds in both your audio and video projects, would you give us a  high level run down of some of your gear?

It's actually an AKAI S6000 sampler which has the removable face plate.

Here's my equipment list (don't know if it's fully updated or not, especially with the video gear; I need to check) ...

http://www.bartelliott.com/equipment.html]http://www.bartelliott.com/equipment.html

I'm using Pro Tools LE 8 for all my audio production; Adobe CS4 Production Suite for all the video.

My main video camera is the Canon XH-A1s. For most of my in-house interviews and product reviews, I use AKG 414 mics plugged directly into the camera, which has great mic-pres with the +48v (phantom power) option, plus attenuation, etc. For lessons and on-screen performance, I mic everything up, use my Digi 002 Control|8 and TL Audio dual tube mic-pre, then output that to the XH-A1s. Of course I can always edit video and audio together or separately, as necessary.

I'd love to have a larger assortment of mics and mic-pres, all it takes is money ;). For now, if there's something I need that I don't already have, I can borrow, as necessary; I'm surrounded by musicians/producers/home studios.  ;D 

I used to have just three (investment) money pits with drum, percussion and audio gear ... now I have video.

NY Frank

Wow.  Is that DC or  - NBC?

KevinD

Quote from: Bart Elliott on February 19, 2011, 12:12 PM
It's actually an AKAI S6000 sampler which has the removable face plate.

Well 5000, 6000 whatever it takes :-)

I have limited experience to that unit but I've heard that it was way ahead of its time.

Appreciate the run down on the gear, that is one really nice multi-media studio!

One day I hope to be able to get a pair of 414s, really nice mics.

Thanks

Kevin

Drumlooney

Jon E

When you've tried a million things and still can't get rid of that mystery hum......unplug the lava lamp!  :^)