Topic: Having Fun!  (Read 1287 times)

donelk

Having Fun!
« on: March 03, 2011, 01:21 PM »
I am not, by any stretch of imagination, a professional musician. I am a hobbyist and enjoy playing lots of different kinds of music. For the last few years that has been a lot of soul, R&B, funk, rock, and jazz.

Lately, however, I’ve been enjoying playing with a new band… music I haven’t played a lot in my life. Artists such as: Elvis, Buddy Holly, The Everly Brothers, Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Sheryl Crow, Roy Orbison, Beatles, Patty Griffin, Merle Haggard, Tanya Tucker, Van Morrison, Cat Stevens.

There is no point to this post other than to say I’m having LOTS of fun and wanted to share!

Chip Donaho

• Cafe VIP
Re: Having Fun!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 06:36 PM »
You may have just found your nitch.... ;)  Even tho I've had experience playing classical and recording originals, that music has made me the most money doing bar gigs. When you're having fun, it shows. 8)

William Leslie

• Cafe VIP
  • I love the Drummer Cafe!
Re: Having Fun!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 10:40 AM »
Glad to hear you hit onto something good for your self. I too could be happy with gigs like that again. It has been a long time since I played music like that and got paid for doing it. We normally play for our own enjoyment.

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram