Topic: Welcome Home Ceremony Gig  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Daniel Heier

• Cafe VIP
Welcome Home Ceremony Gig
« on: May 06, 2011, 06:48 PM »
Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to share with you I performed at a very cool gig this last Tuesday with the 147th Army National Guard Band. We performed for a SD National Guard (196th MEB) unit that just came back from Afghanistan that day. It was so AMAZING to see soldiers be re-united with their families again. Approximately 3,000 people were in attendance. The smiles on everyone's faces were priceless. Also great news, everyone came home safe and sound!

The 196th MEB made the state of South Dakota and our country very proud and I feel incredibly humbled and honored to have performed at such an event.
"The winner is he who gives himself to his work, body and soul."

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Re: Welcome Home Ceremony Gig
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 06:58 PM »
That's great news, Daniel.

Thank you for your service to our country as well.

Offline Todd Norris

• Cafe VIP
  • Psalm 150:5
    • Fusion Drums
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 07:38 PM »
Those kinds of gigs are awesome.  I've played several of those in Phoenix with my bagpipe band.  I lose it every time.  The last few times, we were outside a hangar with the soldiers behind us, then the huge doors opened and we played them in to a huge crowd.  WOW!

Offline Chip Donaho

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 12:21 PM »
I've played several of those gigs during my years in the the 5th Div. Army Band during Viet Nam years. It's nice to see another DC member doing those services.  8)
Craviotto-DW-Mapex-Slingerland
Paiste-Zildjian
"When you quit learning you start dying."-My Grandfather

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram