• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Aquarian Force Ten heads

Started by Ryan Culberson, January 30, 2012, 09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Culberson

Good evening Bart! 

Have you had a chance to try out the Aquarian Force Ten heads yet?  They sound great on the few youtube videos I've found that feature them. 

Just wanted to get your opinion of them if you've tried them.  It seems like a really heavy duty ply configuration, which appeals to me, yet from the few videos I've seen there is still a good amount of sustain present.  I've been tensioning my toms quite loosely as of late and I'm finding my current heads (Evans G2 clear) are much more susceptible to pitting at that tension, especially with the heavier sticks that I use (Vater 2B). 

Thanks,
Ryan

Bart Elliott

Ryan,

I haven't had a chance to test drive the new Aquarian Force 10 drumheads. I received a full set to review, however, due to my work load here at the Drummer Cafe, it's going to be awhile before I can try these drumheads out.

I will more than likely try out the Snare drumhead first, then change out all the heads on my kit to try the rest.

Unfortunately, since this is a one-man-operation, and that I want what I do to be off high-quality, I move rather slowly.

Subscribe to The PRess Roll newsletter to receive notification of when my review is finished, or be watching the review section of the Drummer Cafe.

By the way, from what Roy Burns told me on the phone, the Force 10 heads are heavy-duty as far a durability, but sound very close to a single-ply drumhead ... which would explain why you are hearing so much sustain.

Thanks!

Ryan Culberson

No worries and no hurries Bart!  And thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 

I'm due for a head change and I'm gonna order up a set of the Force 10 clears for my toms and a coated for my snare.  I'm not very eloquent with drum sound descriptions but maybe I'll post a review of them when I get a chance and if you haven't done so already. 

Thanks again,
Ryan