• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

what are you playing to?

Started by Hank Gagnon, June 19, 2011, 09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank Gagnon

for those of you who play to cds, vinyl etc. what are you currently drumming to? myself  it's the new booker t. jones cd, rafael sadiq, black joe lewis and the honeybears. i might also add that song stratus with hannah ford on drums. play'em loud , play'em proud.

Larry Rankine

I've been getting into Mr. Purdie recently.  Just got his latest album (2009) "Jersey Blue."  "Bugsy" has got an amazingly mellow and smooth groove!

JeepnDrummer

For my 3-piece cover band, a lot of the typical classic rock songs and a little bit of country & funk.  For worship, we're playing a lot of Charlie Hall and Fee.

Jeff Bankston

70's deep purple, grand funk, thinlizzy,judas priest,pat travers,steppenwolf,molly hatchet,lynard skynard,johnny winter,point blank,van halen,black oak arkansas,cheap trick,alice cooper,kiss great white,twisted sister,vince neal,old beach boys, the superstocks,the grass roots,ronnie and the daytonas,the sufaris,the ventures,the coasters,zz top,y&t,reo,three dog night,cactus,old w.a.s.p.,foghat,original new york dolls,elvis,old lillian axe,sammy hagar,edgar winter,rainbow,etc.

MOUSE

Turn it up and lay it down series cd's.

Paul DAngelo

Currently playing a lot with Anders Osborne (American Patchwork) and Derek Trucks Live.  "Afro Blue" is quite interesting to play along with.

Susan Wood

Amy Winehouse,Van Morrison's Moondance....

Dave Heim

Playing to a lot of classic rock for a new band.  Boston, Heart, Doobies, Grand Funk, Who . . .  Good stuff.

Chip Donaho

Originals with a new band. For how long, got me?  :-\

smoggrocks

joe henderson and stone temple pilots.  ;D

an odd mix, but it's what i want to focus on right now

Vintage Ludwig

I came back to playing drums after about a year of taking up guitar. I recieved a 1959 Gibson Les paul reissue from the Gibson Custom Shop for Christmas. Found myself longing to hit the tubs. So I did......

Been playing old James Gang and Joe Walsh, seriously dig the cut "Welcome to the Club". Also old Clapton such as "The Core".  Having a blast.

Majorna66

At the moment my play list is out of my control... However there are some artists I really like:
Led zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Ebba Grön(swedish melodic punk à la 80'), Animals, John Fogertu, Thin Lizzy, Doobie Brothers, Bryan Adams. Some songs are real boring but I try to challenge by making these songs interesting from a drummers point of view.

Luke Elwick

Avenged Sevenfold
  • Nightmare
Iron Maiden

• The Prisoner
  • Hallowed Be Thy Name

Megadeth

• Sweating Bullets
  • Ashes In Your Mouth

Accept

• Balls To The Wall

Thin Lizzy

• Waiting For An Alibi
  • Massacre

Anthrax
  • Only
  • Keep It In The Family
  • Room For One More

Half of these are for my cover band ( http://www.youtube.com/fretsawband]www.youtube.com/fretsawband ) half are for my own recreation.

Alex Smith

I've been rehearsing originals with my rock band Maniac Cops. We've also done some covers like "Smokestack Lightning," Cream's "Tales of Brave Ulysses," Jet's "Cold Hard Bitch," Traffic's "Mr. Fantasy," and The Kinks "Lola" - also been trying to get my singing chops up!

Vintage Ludwig

Playing to Bernard Purdy lately.....shuffle grooves mainly

Hank Gagnon

Mark Counts

Starting working with a guitar player that is really into Zeppelin and old Aerosmith. Not the songs most bands attempt usually. For Your life, Bring it on Home, Ten Years gone. Seasons of Wither, Momma Kin. Having some fun with it. He has got some cool equipment too. EVH amp and cabinet. Two Signature Joe Perry Les Paul's and a David Gilmore Strat. Putting a bass player to it for the first time tonight.