Topic: First Live gig using my Roland Set  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Jeff Lewallen

• Cafe VIP
  • Let's get together and feel alright........
First Live gig using my Roland Set
« on: September 16, 2011, 08:26 PM »
I have had my Roland set for quite a while and have only used it for practice and rehearsal in the past but was asked to do an acoustic gig recently and I thought I would try out the Roland's for that since it was a small space and I knew I could be in command with a volume knob....here is a video of one of the songs from that day...

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UUCdtQnxOY#
“If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.”
Max Ehrman

Offline Rusty Beckett

• Cafe VIP
Re: First Live gig using my Roland Set
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 09:32 AM »
That sounded good.  What were you using for speakers and amp, the PA? 

I have a Yamaha DTXpress III, which got used once at the request of the band I was backing.  I was run through their PA and the sound was not pleasing to me.  the cymbals didn't have any sustain and the bass drum was a lifeless thud no matter what settings I tried.  I figured it was the sound system since it usually sounds OK through headphones.
Proud player of Vintage Rogers Drums

Offline Jeff Lewallen

• Cafe VIP
  • Let's get together and feel alright........
Re: First Live gig using my Roland Set
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 12:00 PM »
Thanks Rusty! I had the Roland set plugged directly into a channel on the PA which is a small Yamaha Stage Pass 500 (a great little PA in my opinion). My kit has the Roland TD-6V module and came with 99 pre-programmed kits. I took one of them and made a custom kit and tweaked a few things to get it exactly like I wanted it. One thing I did notice from this recording was that I had the Rim click on the snare programmed a little too hot so I will have to dial that back a little bit....
I actually never planned on using them to gig with but after trying it out, I think for smaller locations and acoustic type gigs I will definitely use the set again...
“If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.”
Max Ehrman

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram