Topic: Warning!  (Read 1299 times)

HAZY CUSTOMS

Warning!
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:17 AM »
I can't belive I had a warning just for trying to promote myself! All I did was ask people to have a look at my website and got warned for spam. I thought there was such a thing called freedom of information and freedom of speech I guess I was wrong.

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Re: Warning!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 12:07 PM »
There's a thing called advertising which the Drummer Cafe charges for. This site wasn't built for people to just come here with the sole purpose of advertising their products and services.

We have a thing called the Forum Rules, which I explained to you, everyone must follow. I also explained to you that we want everyone to succeed at what they do, but that doesn't give license to abuse this community.

I think you are a bit confused about "freedom of information" and "freedom of speech." Here in the USA, citizens have the rights to those freedoms, but that ends where it interferes with other party's freedoms. Also those freedoms apply to the public expression of those freedoms. This isn't a public website or forum. You joined this forum and agreed to follow the rules. It is simple as that. If you don't like the rules, don't join this forum.

You don't have the right to come into my home or my business and freely advertise your products or services.

Try to be a little open-minded here. If you can't do that or still think you are a victim, you clearly don't fit in here and need to move on.

So, yes ... you were and are wrong ... wrong for spamming and not following the rules you agreed to, and wrong for thinking you have the freedom to post whatever you want on this forum.

Good luck to you!

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Re: Warning!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 12:38 PM »
Good-bye ... sorry to see you leave rather than choosing the path to build a community, follow the rules, and be a giver (not just a taker).

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram