Topic: Marathon Music Works Nashville  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Scot Holder

• Cafe VIP
  • Take that, Schenectady!
Marathon Music Works Nashville
« on: August 17, 2013, 05:17 PM »
I'm headed up to Nashville to see The Cult at Marathon Music Works. Venue looks very cool. What's that area of town like?  I don't make it up to Nashville very often...

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Re: Marathon Music Works Nashville
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 02:17 PM »
I'm sorry to say that I've not been there, so I don't know.

Enjoy the show!

Offline Scot Holder

• Cafe VIP
  • Take that, Schenectady!
Re: Marathon Music Works Nashville
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 08:30 PM »
For anyone who is interested, Marathon Music Works was a pretty cool place.  Manufacturing/warehouse converted to concert/event venue.  Very clean.  Staff was really nice and worked hard.  Men's room had an attendant (I assume the women's room did too).  There were two separate bars and there may have been food available, but I'm not sure - I didn't order any and I didn't see anyone eating, but their website said they had some food options.  Overall, a pretty neat space - and it was basically one big room.

By the time The Cult got on stage, the house was pretty full and they sounded great.  It was definitely loud, but I could hear everything in the mix, and they really rocked!  Their performance was professional and the sound engineers did a great job.  Most fun I've had in a while.

I spoke with some other patrons before the show, and many said they had been there several times and really enjoyed the place.  It doesn't seem to be in the nicest part of town, but I never felt unsafe and I think the management and staff work hard so that the whole night is a great experience.  I wouldn't hesitate to go back for another show.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram