Topic: acoustic vs electronic (drums)  (Read 1623 times)

timmy

acoustic vs electronic (drums)
« on: March 19, 2003, 08:00 PM »
hey...i'm currently using an acoustic set, and have never really thought of using anything else, but it's not mine, and my use of it is somewhat limited. I've been looking into other sets, but my parents say i probly wouldn't be allowed to have them in the house...reason = loudness. so, i've kind of looked into electronic, but i'm not convinced....

anyways...what do you guys think?

thanks
timmy

Offline Louis Russell

• Honorary VIP
  • Will Drum for BBQ
    • Retired Pilot Examiner
Re:acoustic vs electronic (drums)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2003, 06:29 AM »
Try the search function here at the Cafe.  We have discussed this in detail in the past.  If you have something not covered, let us know.
No one will believe it's the "Blues" if you wear a suit, 'less you happen to be an old person, and you slept in it last night!

Offline Daddy0

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2003, 09:20 PM »
I definitely love my V-Session! Slip on some headphones and I am gone . . .

Paul L

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2003, 10:12 PM »
Me, too.  Last week my band played at a talent show and the organizer was concerned that they didn't have enough participants in the show.  So they asked me to give a demo of my electric set as one of the acts.  I spent 10-15 mins doing solos with the various kits demonstrating the different sounds.  The audience loved it so much that they asked me to come back up and do more.

These things are so fun to play.

Offline Louis Russell

• Honorary VIP
  • Will Drum for BBQ
    • Retired Pilot Examiner
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2003, 06:30 AM »
The fun is just starting Paul,  I have one of my triggers set so that when hit you get a funky voice saying "Funky".  It works great in some places.   ;D
No one will believe it's the "Blues" if you wear a suit, 'less you happen to be an old person, and you slept in it last night!

MVanDoren1

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2003, 06:55 AM »
I've got an accoustic but recently had the opportunity to play for several months on a V-Pro kit at a church.  I certainly favor the accoustic BUT if your parents would allow an electronic kit and not an accoustic- then I'd definatly say, whatever gets you playing- thats the ticket

gdawson44

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2003, 07:36 AM »
There's pros & cons to both. I started on acoustic. Switched to electric for about a decade. Then decided that from my experiences, acoustic was the best way to go.  ;)

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram
Click HERE to LEARN MORE!