• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Where can I buy sticks in bulk?

Started by _andygumm_, January 28, 2003, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tainteddrummer

how much does a "box" of stix normally cost

RelientKngOdrums

of course it depends on the store... but down in Georgia, there's a great place called ATLANTA PRO PERCUSSION where everything is half off list price... and i got 12 pairs for $77... really good deal

Louis Russell

Quote from: RelientKngOdrums on March 15, 2003, 07:22 PM
of course it depends on the store... but down in Georgia, there's a great place called ATLANTA PRO PERCUSSION where everything is half off list price... and i got 12 pairs for $77... really good deal

What kind of sticks?  Thats still $6.41 a pair and sounds a tad high, unless they are some special high priced stick.  

sjm1112

So I guess I'm the only one using the real tree trunks (2B). I just have big hands. 5B's feel ok but the others generally just feel like little toys. Oh well guess thats why they make so many sizes.

RelientKngOdrums

Quote from: Louis on March 16, 2003, 06:33 AM
Quote from: RelientKngOdrums on March 15, 2003, 07:22 PM

What kind of sticks?  Thats still $6.41 a pair and sounds a tad high, unless they are some special high priced stick.  

they were dave weckl brand sticks

nudrum

Atlanta Pro Percussion is where I bought my set. They are overwhelming to a guy who wants to buy a set and onlywho previously had only 10 or 12 to choose from. They have more like 200 or more. It took me awhile to whittle that down to the 1 I got. A friend of mine went there 2 days before and almost got that same set!! I had no idea he even went there until I found out he has the same brand I have, but in Birch with a 22" kick.

Louis Russell

Quote from: RelientKngOdrums on March 16, 2003, 02:08 PM
they were dave weckl brand sticks

If they are the evolution, I see them all the time for under $18 for a three pair pack and thats before any discount.  Unless they are doing a lot of other extra stuff for you I would check prices before buying more.

felix

Reliant,

If you want a better than weckle stick for less money buy direct from Agner:

http://www.agner-sticks.com/story.htm

I play the LA Fusions which are very close to the Weck and I get them for 6 a pair.  I usually buy two dozen at a time.

Fireftr125

look for old vic firths with the old logo. when they changed logos, they started using younger wood, so the new sticks are lighter, and dont last as long. Thats just my observation.

use any kind of bargen brand sticks. They work just as good, just check the grain and make sure they arent extremely warped, and look for the heaviest ones. they normally last the longest.

Gregg Rivers

Quote from: Louis on March 16, 2003, 06:33 AM

High? Geez Louis! I buy Pro Mark 747 Nylon tips from my local dealer, (the same guy that sold me my kit and a few thousand dollars of other equipment) he gives me a 25% discount (only the employees get more than that at 30%) and I STILL pay $9 bucks a pair man! Now if any of you know where I can do better (and still get straight sticks) I'd like to know about it! I DO roll my stick before I put them in my bag!

felix

that's the thing when you buy a case, you can't roll them, pitch test them, smell them, kiss them, whatever

I only agonized over sticks when I was doing a lot of snare work...for my day to day stuff I don't sweat it anymore-

RelientKngOdrums

Quote from: felix on March 17, 2003, 06:11 AM
Reliant,

If you want a better than weckle stick for less money buy direct from Agner:

http://www.agner-sticks.com/story.htm

I play the LA Fusions which are very close to the Weck and I get them for 6 a pair.  I usually buy two dozen at a time.

better??? it's all preference in sticks for most part... i'll stick with what i'm used to

pioboy

I'd go for nylon tipped sticks, they last a lot longer, I got vic firth 7As with nylon tips 3 years ago and they're still the best sticks I've got...and I break them fast...

Louis Russell

Quote from: pioboy on March 20, 2003, 08:23 PM
I'd go for nylon tipped sticks, they last a lot longer, I got vic firth 7As with nylon tips 3 years ago and they're still the best sticks I've got...and I break them fast...

Man, if three years is fast I must break them really really fast. ;D

felix

They are basically the same as a weckle, same color, weight and length/ everything-  usually they are straighter than vic firth sticks.  Since I started playing with these I wouldn't go near a vic firth stick.

Fine, stick with you are used to

felix

They ARE different:

check it out-
The wecks are
16.25 long x .560 wide

the la fusions are
16.06 long x .551 wide

but not by much-

both are great sticks

kingjohn39

The musicians friends sticks, for those still wondering, are a little larger (thicker) than my Vic Firth 5a's. (just a little longer also). I got 20 pr. for Xmas this year and I haven't broken one yet. But they are all nylon tipped and I've had the tip pop off about 5 of them. They seem pretty straight, a little unfinished (feel rough) and I really can't complain for around a dollar a pair.

John

BloodMagician

I've bought a MF ten pack recently, about a month ago. 4 pairs of those are already in the grave. I'm not mourning their loss. After they all break, no more wooden drumsticks for me.

RelientKngOdrums

Quote from: felix on March 21, 2003, 07:05 AM
They are basically the same as a weckle, same color, weight and length/ everything-  usually they are straighter than vic firth sticks.  Since I started playing with these I wouldn't go near a vic firth stick.

Fine, stick with you are used to

i will! yipppeeeee :D