• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Tama Rockstar vs Pearl export again!!!

Started by ADNdrumNUT, February 03, 2003, 03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADNdrumNUT

hey everyone, my freinds recently purchased a NEW pearl export 7 peice kit, he ordered an extra tom, my rockstar is 1 year old now, but still is good, i just wanna know what is over all better!! the rockstar or the export, soundwise, durability as well as hardware? what do you thing?

spike

LT500man

I bought the Rockstars because of the Hardware. But I got the best hardware that Tama offered at the time. I havn't had a moments problem in 12 years. I don't know much about the Pearls so I can't tell ya if there hardware is good or not.

Joe

What sounds good to you?  It's like asking "What's the best beer?" or "What's the best color?".

As far as hardware, however, it must be said that Pearl has the ability to produce world-class instruments.  They also have the ability to produce absolute crap.  That's as straight an answer as I can give without offering too much opinion.

JeepnDrummer

You will find varying opinions, so I think it's important that you decide for yourself which you like better.  Compare the hardware, the fit and finish, the sound, the looks, etc., and determine what's important to you and then compare price.

Tom

dtxrx

boose44

You might want to check out the review on Tama's site about their new Roadpro Series.

http://www.tama.com/reviews/

This weekend I was shopping for new hardware for my new Pearl Shells and liked the Roadpro over the simillarly priced Pearl 800 series. They just seemed a little better and sturdier (though I'm not crazy about the plastic cymbal tops -- at least for now).

Will be taking these to practice tomorrow night, and am interested in seeing how they feel when setting up and breaking down.

-bruce

Tkitna

I believe their in the same range as in price and quality. There's no fair way to answer the question. Both sets should last you guys for years so enjoy.

Ratamatatt

IMHO the Sonor Force 3001 is a better sounding better quality kit than the Export, Rockstar or Stage Custom.  And there's a wholesaler on ebay that goes by the name of Buddy Ringo who has a few kits (black, green, purple), including hardware and stands for $549.

Ratamatatt

Snake

IMO, all of the mid level kits are pretty much equal.  I bought Rockstar Customs because I liked Tama's hardware, Starcast mounts and finishes best.  Soundwise, I couldn't tell much of a difference to be perfectly honest.  If you like yours best, then your is best.  ;)

tommy

I have a tama RS custom and I'm very happy with it .

nullify_drummer

pukdrummer

Tama rules,really...my own first drumkit was a rockstar,but I play for 12 years,an I started playing with a Pearl Export, and I've also played with a Premier APK.
So, as far as I can tell,theres is no possible match between these models and a Tama Rockstar, at all the levels...hardware,sound and quality...with the proper cymbal set, and skin set, Tama rockstar and Rockstar custom are,in my opinion,the best buy for an average drummer. ;)

guerrillawar

i was going to aske something similar...

Jim

ive been a tama player all my life. the market is very close today its basically just a matter of personal choice but i myself am pro-tama untill the day i win the lottery then i will own a set of dws

nullify_drummer