• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

tom heads???

Started by tahiri, February 22, 2003, 09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tahiri

Hello! My name is Tahiri. I'm a 14 year old girl and I've just started drumming. I have Remo heads on my toms and I don't like them very much. I am just wondering if any of you can suggest a different brand of heads that sounds better.

Thank you!  :)

Mark Schlipper

hi, welcome to the board ... now let me be a jerk  ;D  ok, not a jerk persay, but an attempt at being helpful that may sound jerky, but isnt meant to.

1 - do some browsing and searching on the site, youll find a bunch of threads about heads.  

2 - most of them start, as i will this one, with the idea that theres a lot that goes into choosing the right heads.  and we need more info to help.

so let me say it ... whats the kit? whats on there now? what specifically is wrong with the sound you have?  what kind of sound do you want?  ... that should cover it.  

there are no hard fast rules about head choice.  i had a great set, love the sound.  started with a new band, sound wasnt right for the band, changed all my heads.  its the perpetual love/hate thing drummers get to have :)

JeepnDrummer

Louis Russell

Welcome Tahiri, you are so lucky to not know a lot about drum heads.  The more I learn the more confused I become.   ;D  Seriously, there are so many variables in head selection its almost impossible to tell someone what to use on their kit.  There have been many great threads about head selection and head properties and I am sure you will find more than enough information by doing a simple search.  Just click on the search button located on the Drummer Cafe Banner at the top of your screen.  If you have specific questions or find something you don't understand many people here will be more  than happy to help you.

tahiri

Thanks everyone! I didn't realize there was a search feature. Most boards I've been to don't have one. I'll definately take a look at those threads. My mom has a drummer friend and I may talk to him about them. Thanks again for your help! ;)