Topic: Need help to buy cymbal: I have $60 bucks.  (Read 929 times)

ayottedrums

Need help to buy cymbal: I have $60 bucks.
« on: July 04, 2003, 08:39 PM »
Hey guys.

Got a problem here.

I want to buy a crash cymbal (Paiste Meinhl, Zildjian, Sabian) but i just got 60 bucks to spend.

Any suggestions? I just hope the cymbal is medium good quality. Just That.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Louis Russell

• Honorary VIP
  • Will Drum for BBQ
    • Retired Pilot Examiner
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 08:45 PM »
but i just got 60 bucks to spend.

Any suggestions? I just hope the cymbal is medium good quality. Just That.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

I guess I could chip in a couple of bucks.   ;D  Other than that, cruise the pawn shops and the local papers.  There are great deals but it seems like a treasure hunt at times.

SabianProSonix

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2003, 04:11 AM »
Go onto Ebay, they sell really cheap cymbals on there..

Mister Acrolite

• Cafe VIP
  • I'm not bald; I'm aerodynamic.
    • k e i t h c r o n i n . c o m
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2003, 08:27 AM »
I want to buy a crash cymbal (Paiste Meinhl, Zildjian, Sabian) but i just got 60 bucks to spend.

Musicians Friend has a 16" Sabian B8 Crash for $49.99. There are probably a couple other student-line cymbals available from the other makers, too. They will typically range in sound from crappy to pretty good. I've had good luck with Sabian and Paiste's student lines, but have not heard good things about Zildjian's student lines.

Or you could buy something used off Ebay, but you'd need to have a really good idea what you want, and it doesn't sound like you do.

It might be smart to be patient and save up a little more money - then you'll have a lot more choices.

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram