Topic: Zildjian ZXT'S  (Read 1161 times)

qwerty

Zildjian ZXT'S
« on: July 25, 2003, 05:34 AM »
Has anyone tried Zildjian ZXT pro's yet? cos im thinking of getting some with my new kit, and i want to know what they sound like and how strong they are etc...

thanks

qwerty

Offline Mark Schlipper

• Cafe VIP
  • drum + hand
    • chock full o' creamy goodness
Zildjian ZXT'S
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2003, 06:10 PM »
ZXT's should be pretty common, any descriptions here would only be opinion or just as vague as the Zildjian site.  Highly recommend shopping at a store with a stick.

To me, ZXT's sound bright, brash, too heavy, and generally a little on the nasty side (in a bad way).  

It sounds to me like youre shopping based on cost and brand name.  Scrap the latter, consider the former only after you know what sound it is you want.  When you know what sound youre looking for, then you find the least expensive path to that.  If you have no idea what you want soundwise, then it just doesnt matter, and any cymbals will tide you over till you do.

You cant alter cymbals like you can drums.  Its worth getting right the first time if you can.
Making bad art.  Saying stupid things.  Implimenting my master plan to be forgotten when I'm gone and forgettable while I'm here.

The Luna Moth
me
Perish the Island

adam

Zildjian ZXT'S
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2003, 02:08 AM »
I have a Zildjian ZXT Rock set and my friend has a set of Sabian B8Pros ( I believe they are the equivalent in terms of quality/price ). I like the Sabians better but only because they are lighter and sound brighter. The ZXTs are good but the hi-hat is really heavy and it feels less responsive when using the HH pedal. I haven't tried the ZXT Pros, so I can't comment on them.

-Adam

tamaforever

Re:Zildjian ZXT'S
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2003, 02:34 PM »
To me anything that comes in a package just does not impress me

zrated bill

Re:Zildjian ZXT'S
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2003, 05:23 PM »
I use all Sabian AAX (including splashes, explosion crash etc.) and love em'. A bit more money but it's the most important part of your kit so the added money justifies the purchase. Check them out and see how YOU like them !

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram