• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

What is your drumset set-up? What is the name of the drums that you use?

Started by ayesa, May 08, 2002, 09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bart Elliott

Quote from: clearseawater on May 12, 2002, 08:25 AMBart, I was wondering why you feel that to get sponsorship/endorcements you have to "be good".

I didn't say that. I said I wasn't good enough to get free gear ... I didn't say I wasn't good enough to get an endorsement. Those are two different things ... and I agree with you that being good often has little to do with it. Having good exposure and being in the public eye is usually what matters ... but you must obtain some level of proficiency in order to play in front of the masses.

I've got free stuff before ... but I was just trying to make a point that 99.99999% of my gear did not come from endorsements or sponsorships.

Carn

lol.....99.99999%.........well, maybe bart got sponsered for a drumkey in the end :)

BAnimalG

Quotelol.....99.99999%.........well, maybe bart got sponsered for a drumkey in the end
Dude, read!  He IS sponsored!  He just doesn't get all of the free gear!  And it wasn't a drumkey, it was a sticker!!  LOL!!

Bart Elliott

LOL ... you guys are too much.  :P

Free drumheads, sticks, mallets, etc., doesn't qualify as gear. I didn't get any free drums or instruments. Sabian gave me some free cymbals when I first got connected with them back in the early 90's. The cymbals are the 0.00001% of the gear I got for free.

So ... back to the topic at hand.

clearseawater

Without sounding like im splitting hairs here Bart ;) I natually assumed you ment that because when BanimalG said "it must be nice to have sponsorship" you replied "im not good enough to get free gear". If one was to make that association it would only be natural to do so....

You also replied on your last post :
"but you must obtain some level of proficiency in order to play in front of the masses."

I agree to a point but thats not a reliable water mark in my humble opinion as plenty of "hack" drummers play infront of the masses and have freebes/endorces to boot..and many of them play at levels well under most of us here on this forum..

Right back to the point, I forgot to mention I have a Sonor Peddle.....I think its a late 70's one. Its real heavy as Sonor stuff tends to be and has large cam/flywheel assembly(double nylon composite strap drive) . Trouble is, no matter how much I try, I can't for the life of me track down the peddles name as it feels as though it may need a service..

Does any Sonor guys here know how best to do this ?
Ive searched on the classic Sonor sites to no avail..

rhumbley.....I bet you can advise me with that drummy hardware mind of your :)

Carn

*edit*

i updated my site, check out the drums section for pics and info.
www.strain.nl

Scott

2000 Custom Fibes Drums.  All maple shells, natural birds-eye finish.  Sizes:

16x22 Bass Drum, 8x10 tom, 9x12 tom, 14x14 floor tom

51/2x14 Premier Signia Maple Snare circa 1994

Cymbals:  Mix of Zildjian K Rides, A Crashes, quick-beat hats, Sabian AAX splashes, old Sabian ride, Paiste Signature Series hats

Percussion set-up would be a different thread (too much to post)!!  :P  

jacman

4 piece Fibes. onyx.
K Zildjans 14, 17, 18 crashes, and 20, 23 rides. 20 Wuhan. 13 k HH.

Blake_N

5 piece DW
cymabls- all Sabian
heads- Aquarian Performance II's
Sticks- Vic Firth

paul

Gretsch round, square and stop sign badges refinished in turquoise sparkle.  8x10, 8x12, 9x13, 12x15, 12x16, 14x22.  Craviotto or Legend bronze snares 6.5x14.  Various cymbals, mostly A Zildjian, depending on the gig.

For rehearsals away from home or gigs with limited stage space, 9x13, 12x15, 14x22 Gretsch refinished in pink sparkle.

felix

Power368

New to the forums...here's my (current) gear......
Pearl Masters, Zildjian (Variety), Gibraltar & DW Hardware.
I also use a Roland SPD-20 & Nimrods (not pic'd)

BO733

I don't have any pictures to put up, but I play two sets. One is small. I use a 1920's Leedy bass drum with a 20'S Slingerland snare (15"), Zildjian hi-hats (K top Z bottom) and an older Zildjian ride 24".

The other set is a 1969 Ludwig 5 piece set - 22" bass 14" tom 16" tom and 18" floor tom. I use a 13" Tama snare (handhammered) 3 1/2" deep.  I use a splash (8"Zildjian) and a 16" Sabian Thin crash and an older Zildjian ride 22" or the 24". Sometimes I add in a Zildjian China Cymbal with that set up.

I also have a "junk" kit (percussion excitement to the maximum) cowbells, hand drums, washboard, spoons, shakers, rattles, bells, and whistles, pots, pans, a great old saw blade etc... it's just for fun.

I am desperately looking for a new drum-kit. I really like those Gretch's.

Jeff

Collarlock Drums (Standard Import Kit)
14x22" bass
10x12" tom, mounted to crash stand
16x16" floor tom
5.5x14" snare

16" Zildjian A Custom Crash
14" Planet Z hihats
18" Planet Z crash/ride

I've got a big heavy duty boom stand for my crash, with a Pearl clamp attaching my tom. And a DW 9301 snare stand.

Aquarian Texture Coated Power Dot snare batter, Remo Ambassador snare side. Aquarian Response 2 Texture Coated tom batters.

Mark Schlipper

i guess ill pipe in, espescially since my site is no longer accurate (oops)

whitehall drums (old 60's budget line pearl):
20x14 bass
16x16 ft
12x8 rt
(14x11 cb-700 tom on occassion)

snares:
12x8 st. george (60's budget tama) tom-snare conversion (with some customizing)
2 13x4 snares that were built from the 13" tom from my whitehall kit (one has some special customizing)

misc percussion:
8" aluminum (thin spun shell) dumbek with jingles
12" cast aluminum (heavy pro style) dumbek
16" remo frame drum
tabla
udu
angklung

electronics:
8" pearl syncussion tom trigger (that use on its own through effects, no brain)
clamp-on apollo analog drum synth
pintech triggers on a couple other drums

cymbals (not all at once):
(budget paiste from 60's)
22" dixon dynasonic
20" ludwig standard (germany)
20" stanople (swiss)
18" ludwig standard (germany)
18" stanople (germany)
16" ludwig (3-star, swiss)
15/14 hats 15" ludwig standard (germany) top, 14" ludwig standard (swiss) bottom
14" hats ludwig standard (germany) with optional rivets in top
(cymbals coming soon)
22" ludwig standard (swiss)
13" hats ludwig standard (swiss)
14" hats stanople (swiss)
(non-paiste)
20" tyrko (germany, by sonor)
20" meinl amhico (old meinl)
20 & 12" wuhan chinas
12" wuhan splash
7" L.P. ice bell

hardware:
tama iron cobra power glide pedal w/ wood and felt beaters
tama iron cobra lever glide hat stand
misc other stands and clamps and things

i think thats about it ... close enough anyway.

felix

My friend has a really cool pearl kit made in japan.  It's all birch in a red trans stain with a 6.5 metal free floater.  It is the coolest pearl kit I have played.  Super punchy with that clear pearl "bark" voice to them.

Bart Elliott

Quote from: BAnimalG on May 10, 2002, 01:50 PM
Yeah Bartman, you aren't kidding around!  I've checked out your web-site and seen all your different setups.  <thinking out loud>  "Must be nice to have sponsorship!"   LOL!!   ;D  Just ribbin' on ya B-Man!

No worries. But just for the record, I got all my gear from the sweat of my brow.  ;)  I got great prices on things because I had my own drum shop, but it wasn't for free ... I can assure you of that.

Anyway, it's okay ... you can give me a hard; it's good for building my character and making more humble.

Ratamatatt

Bart, you set up is the size of a continent plate.  I'm still trying to figure out what to do with 3 toms.

Ratamatatt