• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

suggestions for a band name

Started by DirtBomb, August 05, 2002, 12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtBomb

I just started a band with a few freinds, i guess you could call it proggressive metal, i don't know, it's alright though.  I'm more of a fusion jazz/funk player myself but these guys needed a drummer so i'm doin them a favor lol i could make a few extra bucks right?

But anyways, We're trying to name the band and we can't think of ANYTHING so i'm asking for suggestions, give me ANYTHING!  thanx alot

Joe

monk

IDENTIFY sounds good, don't you think?
Or is there already a band with this name?

Carn

timmin

Pgrogressive metal, you say?

"Vulcan's Forge"

http://vulcansforge.8m.com/vulcansforge.htm

I was just reading about Birmingham, al's Vulcan statue about to go back up after restoration. He is one heavy metal dude. Check out the buns!

http://www.bham.net/vulcan/

BlackEvovii

Shattered Reality?
Faceless
Raisin over rye(bread)

Sykotik

How about this for a change, come up with your own original name?  Would you like others to make up the music for you to?  And play your instruments?  ::)

DirtBomb

QuoteHow about this for a change, come up with your own original name?  Would you like others to make up the music for you to?  And play your instruments?  

It's hard to think of a band name  man, just hoping i could get a good idea from some of my fellow drummers :-\

By the way thanx for the suggestions guys, please keep them comin!

Niklas

Sean Welch

paul

Along that line:  Gutbomb or Gutcheck.

Thor's Hammer

Retched XS (Ratchet XS?)

Crank

timmin

I think "Gutbomb" is copyrighted by Krystal Hamburgers...hehehe but I love those little bite-size artery cloggers.

The problem I have always encountered in naming a band is too many good names to chose from.

I am currently working with a group called "Leonard with a Gun" which was named after the a-hole neighbor next door to our practice pad.

I know for a fact we missed one gig because the guy that our name was too violent. Just keep your name approriate to the venues and crowds you seek to play for.

Jazzman

I did this on another site so here goes......

Hot Plugs
Brick and Lillies
Velocity
Peacemakers
Level Ground
Disinfectance
Real Estate
BaBaBye
TearJerk
Rancid Order
Iron Shorts
BiMetal Flake
Spun Wire
Alien Joe
Mash Masters and the potato Peal
Fresh Meat
Loss of Memory
Flat Screen
Ink Men
Leather Heads
Two Cents Worth
Relation Ship
Lost Dogs
Heat Release
Back Draft
Spawn Metal
Dr. Watt is it
The Players Node
Devils Road
Belch
AX Me
Metal Transport
Fanality
The Ion Project
WhatNot
Hat Box
View Masters
Bent Air
Electric Volt
Cravity
Lime Green Session

Need some more?

Jazzman 8)

BlackEvovii

Thors hammer taken
Velocity Taken
Fresh Meat
Loss of Memory
Back Draft
Devils Road
Ion Project
Electric Volt are taken

littledrummergirl

bingbing

Well, not a direct suggestion, but an idea.  Pull out a book that you really, really like.  If you don't like any books pull out one by a renowned author (Shakespeare, Stephen King, whoever and whatever genre seems a good lead to you.)  Open to random pages and start looking for a word or two/three word phrase that catches your eye.   I do have a sneaking suspicion that "cocksnot" will not be found in a book, but other ideas may.

good luck!

bingbing