Topic: Highat Tension  (Read 914 times)

Jetter2

Highat Tension
« on: December 07, 2003, 07:13 PM »
Hi all. Ok. So I play on a 14" pair of paiste highats on a Rogers Hihat stand. My friend plays oon 14" sabians on a maypex stand, and his pedal has alot less tension on it...like his highat comes up slower than mine. Is there anyway I can adjust the tension on my highat stand?

Offline Louis Russell

• Honorary VIP
  • Will Drum for BBQ
    • Retired Pilot Examiner
Highat Tension
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 07:20 PM »
Which Rogers stand do you have?  I owned a Rogers kit in the early 70s and the hi hat stand did not have adjustable tension.  
No one will believe it's the "Blues" if you wear a suit, 'less you happen to be an old person, and you slept in it last night!

Jetter2

Highat Tension
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 07:25 PM »
Its the stand that came in the R-2000 kit.

Offline Louis Russell

• Honorary VIP
  • Will Drum for BBQ
    • Retired Pilot Examiner
Highat Tension
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 08:04 PM »
I am not sure about that stand but I will check it out tomorrow and let you know.  
No one will believe it's the "Blues" if you wear a suit, 'less you happen to be an old person, and you slept in it last night!

Sean Dempsey

Re:Highat Tension
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2003, 10:48 PM »
I have a Tama stand that has adjustable tension, so you might need a new stand. I can adjust mine so that it's so lax that the weight of the cymbal actually closes the gap, or with alot of resistance where it really snaps open and stays open.

Jetter2

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 06:15 AM »
Thanks alot! I might look at getting a new stand with adjustable tension...i need one, any reccomendations? I'm gonna wait to see what Louis has to say about my stand though.

Offline Louis Russell

• Honorary VIP
  • Will Drum for BBQ
    • Retired Pilot Examiner
Highat Tension
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 04:42 PM »
There was a rogers kit that has been sitting in the store forever, today its gone.  I talked to the drum guru there and to the best of his knowledge the stand is not adjustable for tension.  Sorry.  

Jetter2

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 05:37 PM »
No problemo...thanks for checking =]

kolp

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2003, 09:27 AM »
I have a Tama stand that has adjustable tension, so you might need a new stand. I can adjust mine so that it's so lax that the weight of the cymbal actually closes the gap, or with alot of resistance where it really snaps open and stays open.

Yes but it's strange to see that it's only a 5 positions adjustable tension , i'll appreciate in addition of this 5 adjustments a more precise adjustable tension  ( like we have with the Tama bass drum pedal ) :P

Offline random

• Platinum Member
  • Seriously, I love the Drummer Cafe.
Highat Tension
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2003, 10:23 AM »
if you wanted a permanent adjustment you could cut the spirng shoter.  or just buy a new spring.

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram