• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

fly swatting technique

Started by felix, June 10, 2002, 07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felix

Notice the perfect right angle the sticks have (too bad my posture sucks).  It looks like I'm driving a bulldozer.  Gotta love those candid shots by a "fan".

Have a giggle.  Notice dumpster and matching backwards baseball caps as well.

Bart Elliott

Reminds me of a kid sitting in a high chair, pounding his eating utensils down on the tray saying ... "when do we eat?!"

Peter Jeffery

"HEY WARDEN....YA YOU!!   ....SEEN MY PINK MOUSE?  THE BUGGAR ESCAPED LAST NIGHT"    ;D

felix

I'm like totally cracking up over here...too funny.

BAnimalG

The dumpster is a classy touch!  LOL!!  Keep swatting!!   ;D

groovsmyth

What gives Felix? I think you should lobby for a canopy too! I See lots of equipment exposed to the elements and your wuss bandmate standing there like a sultan. ;D

(Glad I'm not the only one who plays classy venues.)

Bart Elliott

Looking at the photo again ... it looks like Felix is at the starting gate ... ready for someone to yell GO!!!

felix

Actually the shade there was pretty awesome...we are having a hot spell up here this week....
The day before I was in the sun, that was NO fun...I thought my face was on fire when I was done.

Word is coming back that everybuddy loved the show...it was a lot of fun.  We were playing behind a bunch of wild guitar players and those guys were really getting off- people were digging it.

clearseawater

I like the up turned up COW and the Sandcrawler in the mid-background......

Sonors are looking lovely(love the green, ive got Orange) but I never liked the logo thats being used in that generation....Ive got the understated Sonor logo, that belongs to the late 70's early 80's.....

MVanDoren1

Talk about shade.  two weekends past I played at a tent revival for my church.  I got there to set up and saw this huge tent with all its shade- set up my kit on the risers (three risers two in front one in back sort of straddling the front two and of course there wasn't a single seam or corner that matched up- I played that night with my snare drum falling back and forth 2-3 inches from it on its stand with all three legs setting on 2 of the risers to it rocking (thankfully with no force) a little  too close for comfort near the shall we say mid section of my body as the risers pitched and yawed with the beat of the drums) with everything shaded perfectly but face and forehead

Jazzman

Well felix, just another day, picture captures the essence of drumming and having a good time too.  I remember those days................playing in the rain, little kids standing around telling you about their brother that they know for sure is better than you, the groupies, the people that complain when your group stops for a break, someone trips on the only power connection for the rest of the group and suddenly your the loudest thing playing............yeah the good-ol-days!!

Anyway cool felix, hope you had fun.

jazzman 8)

felix

Have to have fun, life is serious enough.  I mean if you can't have fun with your music, what's the point?  There isn't one then.

BO733

That picture looks like you're the Limp Bizkit music conducter! It's great. I can see you directing Fred Durst on when he should go "ROLLIN'" etc... :) And 1, 2, guitar...

Jim Martin (cavanman)

Quote from: MVanDoren1 on June 17, 2002, 03:46 PM
Talk about shade.  two weekends past I played at a tent revival for my church. .....

Honestly I'm not trying to one up you with this.
I played some tent revivals on a mission to South Africa. At a Zulu town, I was playing a 'student series' set on the soft dirt and grass with both my hi hat and throne sinking. I think we resorted to using cardboard or something :)
Still a great experience though.

MVanDoren1

Cavanman-

Your my hero-
Seriously though... isn't it amazing the disease we all possess, that we put up with so much yet still- we just gotta play...it just has to be some kind of sickness- thats the only explanation ;D