Topic: Need a drummer (and a bass player).  (Read 4245 times)

Jay29ers

Need a drummer (and a bass player).
« on: June 19, 2002, 05:36 AM »
Hi.  I'm currently recording a demo and I need someone to put drum and bass tracks on two songs.  The way I'm hoping to do it is that I record the guitar part and then I share the file on Kazaa and then, after the bass and/or drums have been put on, download it from the person who has downloaded it .  

Obviously I'd need to get into correspondence with people before this is done but I really would be so pleased if I could find someone to do it.

The program I use to record is a free shareware program called Quartz Audiomaster Freeware 460E so if you have it or could get it from http://www.downloads.com or you can open up files recorded in that program in other multi track recording programs and you can record drums (and/or bass) onto your computer then please email me.  Also I think the only way of passing on the file is through a filesharing program such as Kazaa so I'd need someone who has Kazaa or Grokster or Fileshare I think (or could get any of those programs).  I think those three you can share between.  

Please, please, please could someone help.  I would be so grateful and obviously would accredit anyone involved on the sleeve.  I really would like to do this so much so please email me at jfh29er@yahoo.co.uk if you're interested.

Oh and one last thing...The drumming has to be very fast.  Very, very basic, but very fast.

felix

Re:Need a drummer (and a bass player).
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2002, 06:08 AM »
We have both here.

I'll need about 250 bucks to pay my bass player and cover my time.  If it takes me more than a couple of days we will have to make other arrangements.
I don't need that fancy software you are talking about just e-mail or ftp your mono guitar scratch with a click on the side if you are into the deal.

http://www.woolyinc.com/woolyrecords/homepage.html

Jay29ers

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2002, 06:14 AM »
Nah thanks for the offer but I don't have any money and I wouldn't even know how to go about getting it to you.  I'm not looking to be paying anyone and I can't imagine it would be more than a 30 minute job once it's worked out how to get the file back and forth.  I'm really just looking for someone who is a drummer or a bass player and just likes the idea of being accredited on a demo and would do it as a favour.  

Thanks for the offer anyway and if there's anyone else...

felix

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2002, 07:10 AM »
You are dreaming.

It will take 20 minutes just to get to the studio!

Then 2 hours to get happening tones, set up a kit, mics, get your files set up in a multitrack format- then we have have to learn and play your tunes...ok, so we get a take in a half an hour....then mix back down to a stereo wav and then e-mailed back to you?  And that is like LIGHT SPEED production.

GET REAL.  Did you ever record anything before?

Then say you do get a demo for free...you start gigging and sell those things for 7 bucks a pop, but you don't have any money, so you can't get to the gig, well say you walked to one, ok, but wait, you will die of starvation cause you don't have any money to feed yourself, and you can't even read this post cause the electric company shut off your power because you couldn't pay the light bill....where does that leave your recording pals?  But you are doing them a return favor by accrediting them on your demo.  That's nice.  You will go far in the music biz.

rlhubley

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2002, 07:19 AM »
Felix is right man.  This is not really a 'favor' biz.  Favors exist in a big way in the music biz, but not for strangers.  You've got to earn the right to ask people to play for free dude!

Jay29ers

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2002, 07:44 AM »
Ok you seem to missunderstand me.  Who's talking about a studio?  I'm talking about someone who owns a drumkit and a computer banging out a really sloppy drumtrack for a demo that I'm going to be recording the guitar parts into a computer.  I'm going to be using a really @$%# guitar, with a really @$%# ghettoblaster as an amp and I'm going to be singing straight into the standard computer mic.  I'm not looking for professionals.  I'm looking for someone who has nothing to do and would be interested in helping me out.  I'm not looking for the drumkit to be mic-ed up.  It all goes through one track.

Thanks for your imput but I'm not looking for what you seem to be offering.  And as far as I know there'll only be one demo burnt and it will be for sending off to Big Brother Recordings.  I won't be making money off it.

clearseawater

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2002, 05:03 PM »
Jay29ners, without wishing to sound elitist or dismissive most on this forum take their drumming seriously.

You said :
"I'm going to be using a really crap guitar, with a really crap ghettoblaster" ....well, we dont do really crap here but im sure that there would be some FREEWARE samples on the net that you could place in a sequencer and it would allow you control over speed aswell.

You could also patch the midi samples from your sound card to your qwerty keyboard and tap out a beat....you could get as sloppy as you like then.

You said :
"it will be for sending off to Big Brother Recordings"....sorry, anything like that and you have to cross the drummers palms here with silver im afraid.

You said :
"I won't be making money off it".....but lets say/imagine you did SEE ABOVE.....

I dont wish to put you down, all im saying is, you should look elsewere....maybe to yourself.

Jay29ers

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2002, 04:22 AM »
Why would a drummer need to get paid for a demo that's being sent to ONE record company?  Ok you and your friends might take their drumming seriously and be session musicians or whatever but that's obviously not what I'm looking for.  I was hoping there'd be someone on this site who just drums in their bedroom for fun or plays in some punk rock bands and just wants to be part of something and be able to say 'I played on that demo'.

And as for it being a ''favour' biz', I didn't realise drumming had to be a 'biz'.  I thought it was just something people did for fun or as artists.  Once again, if anyone is interested then please email Jay at jfh29er@yahoo.co.uk .  Thanks.

Carn

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2002, 05:12 AM »
Jay, try the www.nicedrums.com forum, someone might be interested over there

felix

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2002, 06:14 AM »
Sorry man, I forget I was a kid once and used to be into that kinda stuff.

We didn't have computers when I was a teeny boppin' punk drummer of about 15 or so- alot of my friends had a guitar or drumset and we would get together and jam.

But  yeah, I scrape for every buck now...it's hard, but I have a lot of money tied up in this "biz".  It's fun, but I don't live with my parents anymore and it/ music doesn't normally pay well as it is (in contrast to what Mtv tries to portray with their "Cribs" show).  You get to a point in your life where you want something in return for all the sacrifices that you have laid out for music.  I know I do.

Jay29ers

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2002, 06:14 AM »
Thanks Carn. :)

Jay29ers

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2002, 06:23 AM »
Hey I'm not speaking from experience, felix.  I don't resent you for wanting to get paid.  I'm sure you're an excellent drummer and I would never assume that you should do anything for free.  It's just that I'm trying to do something and I don't have any money (the computer isn't mine.  The crappy ghettoblaster isn't mine.  The guitar isn't mine) so I can't be paying people.  I'm not even looking for a professional job.  Just 'a' job.  Thanks for your help anyway.

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2002, 06:39 AM »
I should have closed this thread a long time ago. This is NOT the forum for this type of thing .... as is clearly spelled out in the Agreement Letter.

I'm not interested in paying bandwidth with this type of stuff. I created this forum because I wanted to get away from this type of thing.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on Google+ Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram
Click HERE to LEARN MORE!