• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

iam a new drumer iam only 12 and i need to know what kind of drumset to buy

Started by youngdrummer, March 16, 2004, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngdrummer

yep only 12 but iam not in a band iam jsut in school band and i know you guys probul dont even what to talk to me chuse iam young but if anyone whats to give me advise on buying a drumset i whould like that  

psycht

we'd be glad to help, but it would help us to lay off the red-glowing letters and let us know more of what you want to acomplish.

the more detail you can give us, the better we can help you.

also, search around the forums. your exact question has been asked manytimes. you should find some answers there.

William Leslie

Look for an inexpensive second hand set to work with.Cheap might be a better word. Make sure you are going to continue learning to play drums. As you get better , you can be saving money to invest in a good set that you really want. As you go along try to check out other sets, or seat in on some elses drums to see how you like them. When you have decided this what you want to do with your life or part of it, you'll have enough to get a good set. If you're taking lessons ask your instructor what he/she thinks about different drum sets.You may be surprised with the answres you get.Good Luck.

Hobo

I am on a CB SP 700 series, and it's working great  for me!  They're cheap, but they're good shells.  Once you get more advanced you may want to upgrade the skins (as I was told a million times :-\ )  but they're fun to play and like I said, the price is right!  I got mine for $250, which is a 5 piece set  including 2 crashes, hats, ride and all the necessary dodads.  Give it a look!

Scheming Demon

I would also highly recommend getting a used set.  You can get a very good name brand set at a reasonable cost.

Some of the really cheap sets are not that good and being inexperienced you can easily be taken advantage of.  You can be fairly confident a name brand set is quality.  Unless you know someone that can help you with your purchase my advice is to stick with names you've heard before.

I would start with a basic 4 or 5 piece kit.  As you progress you can then purchase new or more pieces as you develop and learn.

I would also consider going to a music store and look at the sets there.  If you see some that you like this can help you narrow down your search of what to look for in a used set.

Mister Acrolite

Okay, I've decided it's time to start giving definitive answers to this sort of question.

• Go to www.musiciansfriend.com

• Buy a 5-piece Pearl Forum drumkit.

• Buy a "performance pack" of Sabian B8 or B8Pro cymbals.

There. You're all set.

Matt Self (Gaddabout)

Quote from: Mister Acrolite on March 17, 2004, 10:27 AM
Okay, I've decided it's time to start giving definitive answers to this sort of question.

• Go to www.musiciansfriend.com

• Buy a 5-piece Pearl Forum drumkit.

• Buy a "performance pack" of Sabian B8 or B8Pro cymbals.

There. You're all set.
I clerked the city desk at a daily metro newspaper in the early 90s. The phone rang all day on election day 1992 with people asking me for who they should vote. I must've voted 150 times that day ...

Bart Elliott

random

GRAMMAR BEFORE DRUMS!

heh heh heh

if you have a Sam Ash store in your area, check out the Groove Percussion kits.  They're cheap, relatively reliable and sound okay.  buy yourself a set of Sabian B8Pro's and you'll be ready.  but first, PAY ATTENTION IN ENGLISH CLASS!!!   ;D