Topic: What do you wear on Stage?  (Read 9197 times)

drumtrav

What do you wear on Stage?
« on: March 18, 2002, 10:48 AM »
What do you guys like to wear when in stage?  

Shoes/Pants/Shirt/Sweat bands/underwear:)/socks

Do you use a fan(s) when you play.

I prefer to lose comftable shorts, tennis shoes that do not come over the ankles, either my Bret Favre jersey or my Samuri Shirt, both are XXXL (i'm a big boy!!).  I just added a small clamp on fan that really cool.

Dwarf

Re: What do you wear on Stage?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 01:34 PM »
Drumtrav - do you really lose your shorts on stage?  Really scary :)

--
Rob

Offline Peter Jeffery

• Cafe VIP
    • MySpace
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2002, 01:51 PM »
Nike Aqua Socks.  
Peter Jeffery
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

ant_eh

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2002, 05:43 PM »
wife beater that is a company called third rail with flames
shorts or jeans depending on the venue
slippers the most comfy shoes i have ever worn will never go back to shoes
jeans tucked into my socks so they don't get caught on the bass drum pedal
no fan just a towel and a bottle of water
boxers
plain white sock.......

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2002, 05:56 PM »
Relaxed feeling clothes; cotton or something the breathes well. I don't want my clothes to be too loose, and nothing that would restrict movement in any way.
Capezio split-sole Jazz Dance shoes. Towel and plenty of water (preferably Spring Water). I'll use a fan for large venues ... like a coliseum or where there is going to be a prolonged time under the stage lights.

Misenko

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2002, 11:23 PM »
Something loose, which allows me to breath cause it gets very hot! I always wear black on stage...don't know why, I just love the colour black, lets me blend into the backround and it goes with my kit! ;D

Just_Ian

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2002, 02:04 AM »
puma track pants, black tee-shirt, black sneakers..  

Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2002, 02:29 AM »
I like to wear slow-worm skin underpants and a tiara.

felix

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2002, 02:43 AM »
funny Hollywood.

I wear combat boots, baggy pants and short sleeve shirts with a # on it...although sometimes I wear tight pants and sneakers and a long sleeve shirt.  I remember one time I wore shorts and another time long johns and another time both at the same time (it was winter)....I've worn wrestling shoes, track shoes, barn boots, cowboy boots, patent leather penny loafers...never dressed up like a girl though...leather pants, spandex...vests, silk shirts, oxfords, heck, lots of times no shirt.  I've even worn groupies while playing...now that is tough....they never stain though  ;D

I never wore a tuxedo on a gig and I'm PROUD OF IT.

Azrael63

Re:What do you wear on Stage?
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2002, 09:13 PM »
Usually whatever t-shirt I put on that morning (I have, like, 10 or so identical plain black tees), cut-off Army BDU pants (ugly, but way comfy) and combat boots.  Can you guess what kind of music I play?  ;)
Az

BAnimalG

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2002, 06:50 AM »
Really comfortable and loose clothing that won't get ruined by excessive amounts of sweat!  I think I lost 5 pounds on Friday night!!  LOL!!

MVanDoren1

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2002, 08:01 AM »
Big baggy shirts XXXL (me big too) , relaxed fit but nit baggy pants shorts sweats(so long as I'm not under hot lights), as for the feet its either comfortable tennies or dress shoes (or since my left foot started tensing up at church yesterday-no shoes at all).  Just whatever I know I'm going to feel most relaxed in keeping in mind that in some venues (Churches especially) you might be kind of expected to wear or not wear certain styles of clothes- certainly I can find something comfy however.

Theo

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2002, 09:07 AM »
I can't believe you guys can play in COMBAT BOOTS. Man, I'd feel like I had bricks strapped to my feet. I usually use Chuck Taylors cause they are very light and unrestrictive. I've been known to play barefoot a time or two. Like Felix, I've tried a little of everything. I used to like to wear disguises. I have played as Santa Claus and Jesus (Fake hair and beard) and have worn my pajamas (the bar was having a toga party).
No fan though, I like to get hot and sweaty. I'm not sure why, but I feel more comfortable...

BAnimalG

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2002, 09:21 AM »
I'm gonna have to go with Theo on that one....How in the hell do you play kit with COMBAT BOOTS on?  Holy crap man!!  I feel like I'm wearing lead boots when I have my Nike Airs on!  Not dogging you, but you must have spectacular leg muscle strength and definition to be able to pull that off!

Passeist

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2002, 09:33 AM »
If you haven't played really loud music in an amateur setting, it might be difficult to understand why someone would wear combat boots.  In such a setting, it is necessary to hit the bass drum as hard as you can if you want it to be heard at all.  Doing that all night with light-weight sneakers is actually more exhausting than doing it with good heavy boots on.

Offline Peter Jeffery

• Cafe VIP
    • MySpace
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2002, 10:11 AM »
I might have mentioned this before -I wear Nike Aqua Socks.   They're extremely lightweight and flexible.   The sole has just the right grip...not too much; not too little.  If anyone tries them, just one word of advice....work them in before using them on-stage!!!   I purchased them the day I started some festival dates and my heels bled for a week!!    >:(    I haven't worn anything else since (on my feet, that is!!)    8)
Peter Jeffery
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

BAnimalG

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2002, 01:54 PM »
I think I'm going to try that our Peter!  Thanks!

marker

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2002, 05:53 PM »
I usually wear what I would wear on the street.  Long sleeves are a no-no.  I wear cheap, laceless canvas and rubber "deck shoes" which give me some pedal feel but are tough enough for the street.  I keep and extra pair with my kit, in case I forget and show up in clodhoppers.

I don't have a fan, although there have been a few times I wished I did.

I do find, though, that if I'm running a little hot, I perform better.  Although I'm a mammal, some extra warmth seems to increase my performance level.

I usually drink sports drinks, or flavored teas, when I'm playing.  Pop will do in a pinch.  Whatever it is, I do better if it has some sugar in it.  Water gives no energy boost.

ayesa

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2002, 09:58 PM »
i'm a girl! teen one! so, i just wear sleeveless for ups and shorts, sometimes pants or three-forths. as long as i'm comfortable, that matters most.

Rocker

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2002, 10:29 AM »
I wear a g-string with Kiss make up!!

Just kidding!!!!! Usually its a loose fitting, sleevless t-shirt, shorts or jeans depending on venue indoor, outdoor weather conditions, and wrestling shoes. I too play better and become more motivated when sweating like a barbarian!! So water, water, water.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram