Topic: Too Much Gear?  (Read 8214 times)

Offline Mark Schlipper

• Cafe VIP
  • drum + hand
    • chock full o' creamy goodness
Re:Too Much Gear?
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2002, 01:56 PM »

Actually, I'm going to dicipline myself and have only two acoustics and one electric kit...RIGHT

put triggers on an acoustic, space saved, it looks like you have less, but you get that electronic kit :)

me, ive got full size kit, and ive got the little baby kit.  currently the big ones at  a practice space and the little ones set up at home.  so it gives the illusion of less stuff ;)
Making bad art.  Saying stupid things.  Implimenting my master plan to be forgotten when I'm gone and forgettable while I'm here.

The Luna Moth
me
Perish the Island

marker

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2002, 06:09 PM »
Yes!  You must reduce to an old Slingerland kick drum, a 1960's Japanese import snare drum, and a cracked Krut cymbal.

Only then will you be cool.

Offline Mark Schlipper

• Cafe VIP
  • drum + hand
    • chock full o' creamy goodness
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2002, 12:24 AM »
dude, kruts rule!   i had a 16" that i hammered into a novo china for a friend, sounded great!  also at one point had a pair of 12" hats (fast and trashy, great for breakbeat stuff) and an 18" ... well, that one was just Krap :)
Making bad art.  Saying stupid things.  Implimenting my master plan to be forgotten when I'm gone and forgettable while I'm here.

The Luna Moth
me
Perish the Island

felix

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2002, 06:01 AM »
Yes!  You must reduce to an old Slingerland kick drum, a 1960's Japanese import snare drum, and a cracked Krut cymbal.

Only then will you be cool.

That was my first kit I got for free.  A kick drum spur was broken (import jap, not slingerland) and I would have to hold the snare in my lap...I did have a mounted tom and a krut crash...all in red sparkle.

Was there ever a doubt that felix wasn't kool?

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram